:: 9 ::

That incident only spewed more flirtatious glances from Donghyuck towards you from that day on, and even though you still were trying to get used to it, you sometimes fired back with pick-up lines that were probably as cheesy but worked a good dea...

That incident only spewed more flirtatious glances from Donghyuck towards you from that day on, and even though you still were trying to get used to it, you sometimes fired back with pick-up lines that were probably as cheesy but worked a good deal on Donghyuck.

And before you know it, Renjun being your source of sadness had long been forgotten. You had gotten over him. And you were going to tell him on the day of the party, you were gonna come out clean with the confession that you used to like him, but not anymore.

That should be it, right? Sounds pretty easy.

Well, the thing is, that's the opposite of what it was because, in reality, you were still a stuttering mess in front of Donghyuck every time the two of you rehearsed what you were going to say to Renjun. It was embarrassing because this was your best friend, someone who's practically seen you through your downs and ups and you were still nervous, it was a bit corny.

"C'mon, this isn't even that long of a message," Donghyuck rolled his eyes towards you as he watched you fail for the 5th time in a row. It's the day of the party and the house is decorated and it's just before the two of you get ready. The party was starting in 2 hours and you were freaking out.

"This is Renjun we're talking about, Donghyuck. Huang Renjun, a guy I used to like." You state bluntly as you scratch your head as if that will serve you more concentration. "Isn't there a way you can be there in the conversation too? You could help me out when I'm lacking..." You offer, a small smile appearing on your face before Donghyuck flat-out rejects you.

"Absolutely not. This is concerning only you and Renjun. Me being in the conversation will be so unnecessary. Plus, you need to make it seem sincere, if I'm just there lazing around, it'll probably bring the mood down." He reasoned with you as he shrugged towards the end of his sentence.

You sighed, you know he's right. But you wish you could get some moral support while you face your past crush slash best friend whom you decided to ghost for no good apparent reason. Well, good reason according to you, but not so good reason according to others.

It's been about an hour since you've asked Donghyuck to help you and you still haven't made any progress. Wonderful. If there's one thing you regret right now, it's probably the fact that you even agreed to this stupid party because people were starting to fill the room.

And you have nothing planned.

You can do this freestyled, right? Renjun's not going to suspect a thing so why be so nervous? Even if he does know, what's the worst that could happen? (Although in the back of your mind, you could list a number of things that could go wrong, like him not wanting to be your friend anymore, or him being weirded about you liking him- you get the point.)

But you know Renjun's not like that so you eventually let go of your initial anxiety about facing him when you realise this is your best friend you and Donghyuck are talking about. Someone you've known since you were 13 years old. You shouldn't be scared of him, moreover, be so embarrassed about a simple crush. It's a normal thing.