:: 5 ::

You avoiding Renjun like a plague stabbed him straight into the guts ruthlessly

You avoiding Renjun like a plague stabbed him straight into the guts ruthlessly. Had he said something wrong? What was it that he did that made you want to avoid him? The countless thoughts that ran through his head bothered him so much.

In the beginning, it was okay. He just thought you were busy. Usually, your chats would include tons of face times and calls but it soon turned dry quickly when you only responded with one-word answers, never picked up his calls or just left him on seen.

And it hurts him. Renjun has always been there for you through your ups and your lows, now you won't even tell him what he did wrong? He couldn't bear the thought of you not trusting him after all you've been through together.

And it troubles him so much. So, so much. So much so that even his girlfriend is starting to take notice of his worried expression. And most of the time when he talks it out to her, it never usually ends up as a nice conversation.

"You're too busy with her to think about me!"

"That's not true!"

"Well, then tell me why you haven't planned anything for our 1st anniversary?" She seethes

And there it is, Huang Renjun is speechless because he has totally forgotten about their first anniversary. He feels terrible. He can't explain how he feels because he doesn't think words can even define the guilt he's feeling right now as he opens his mouth to say something, anything. But nothing comes out.

Sieun is always an understanding girlfriend to Renjun. She has always been so excited to meet you because of the many exciting stories he always recited to her. She thinks she would've been good friends with you if only her boyfriend was so clearly not doing his job at being a good boyfriend.

Many times she noticed how absent-minded Renjun gets when they're having a date. Multiple times she would try to ask him what the matter was but he would always dismiss it, saying it was university assignments that were bugging him.

It took her a while to realise, but she wasn't too surprised when she overheard Renjun talking to himself.

"Renjun, Please. If you don't love me, just leave me, for fuck's sake. You're just hurting the both of us." Sieun said quietly, her tears staining her cheeks as she lowered her head towards the floor.

She loves Renjun, Oh god, who wouldn't? She loves him so much that she can hardly think of letting him go. And despite that, it isn't a decision she gets to make because even if Renjun is in a relationship with her, he isn't her pet that she can order around.

And that was probably the hardest step she had ever taken. The tears brimming in her eyes were endless and ever-flowing. Every time her tears hit the cold floor, the more Renjun's guilt rose.

He was in such a dilemma that he hadn't noticed his own girlfriend's needs and important days such as anniversaries even though Renjun wasn't the type of person to just, 'forget'.

He hugged Sieun tightly, his chin landing on her shoulder as he held himself back from his own tears. "Love, don't you dare think for one moment that I don't love you. I love you and you know I'm an honest person. If I ever lose feelings for you, I will make sure I'll try my best to regain them." His voice was soft and although a bit quiet, it held all the strength Sieun needed to build back her faith in him.

As she pulls back, she gives her boyfriend a slight smile, her hand gripping his shoulders as they help her stay rooted to the ground. Sighing a bit, she leans towards Renjun's forehead and explains, "Oh, Renjun, You can't make yourself love someone, silly. The heart wants what it wants." She giggled lightly.

And Renjun couldn't help but roll his eyes upon hearing her statement, "If silly is what it is, so be it." He laughed.