:: 7 ::

The next few weeks have been increasingly worse for Renjun

The next few weeks have been increasingly worse for Renjun. Lately, he's been able to concentrate more but he still doesn't have answers to why you're ignoring him. And he's getting irritated.

Not to mention, Sieun's medical side of things isn't looking too good. Ever since Sieun and Renjun started dating, she hid the fact that she'd been suffering from respiratory problems until only last week when she failed to sustain a note in her singing competition due to the lack of air reaching her lungs.

Renjun is stressed. He's fucking stressed but he knows he can't be the one to complain. From the sudden appearance of his parents mocking him by asking whether taking art was any good, to the way you're ignoring him without giving any clarification as to what exactly he did wrong, it really sets him off but he cannot complain. He mustn't.

Because he has other matters which are way more important.

After Sieun had collapsed to the ground due to her lack of oxygen, Renjun drove to the hospital immediately to check up on her. Thankfully, she wasn't in a critical condition, but still needed to stay in the hospital for the next 3 days.

He quietly thanked the gods above as he counted his blessings. At least he wasn't suffering from any sort of disease or condition. And that in itself is something to celebrate for if you take anything for granted, you will highly regret it in the future.

As Renjun started walking out the doors of the hospital after checking up on Sieun, the cold wind hit his face like a slap of reality. And all he could do was stand and sigh as he shrugged on his jacket, feeling somewhat down and chilly today.

Getting ready to drive himself back to his dorms, he heard a couple of familiar voices down the street. Curiosity took the better of Renjun as he peered over his shoulder to take a better look at the people.

And lo and behold, came you and Donghyuck, both laughing away at something he had said. Apparently, Renjun's choice of parking was a bit too obvious for Donghyuck and you to spot, so when you did, Renjun could only stare at you while your smile faded a little.

He wasn't angry, he told himself. He wasn't about to become jealous of Donghyuck when he was the one that set the both of you together. He wasn't about to lash out in front of his best friends. That would be so unlike himself.

Well, fuck that.

He briskly walked his way towards the both of you in a swift motion as he could feel slight anger building up inside him. He needs answers and he needs them right now. If it is delayed by any more than this, Renjun will actually combust out of pure frustration.

At the sight of Renjun's rather unhappy face, You and Donghyuck exchanged glances as you willed yourself to stay put so that it didn't seem like you were running away although, in all honesty, you just wanted to disappear and never return.

Donghyuck rubbed his hand up and down your back, trying to soothe your nervousness as a million thoughts ran inside his head. What if Renjun broke up with Sieun? What if you confess to him and he takes you as his girlfriend? What will be of him then?

As he ponders on such questions, he comes to a sudden halt. His hands freeze immediately behind your back as he takes a huge gulp and glances in your direction. Too scared to know the reality, he brings back his hand towards his head and gives it a good nudge. You must be delusional, Donghyuck. He thought to himself. There's no way you like her, right?

But before he could actually continue pondering on that question, Renjun was already glaring at the both of them thoroughly as if he were the mother of two high school teenage delinquents who got caught sending notes to each other in class.

And you could only continue staring at your shoes because you knew what Renjun was here for. You knew exactly why he was glaring down at you like he was at the moment. You knew Renjun had his questions and he was entitled to know the answers to them. But damnit, you were afraid.

There was no way in hell you were about to confess your love to your best friend in the middle of the street right after he was done visiting his girlfriend in the hospital.

Renjun sighed, watching the way Donghyuck's cheeks were slightly pink. Due to the cold, or you, Renjun didn't know. Nor did he want to know, honestly. But as he was observing the both of you, he could only frown a little when you and Donghyuck didn't meet his eyes eventually.

"Are you guys hiding something from me?" He asked, his eyes closed in an attempt to put his temper under control as he heard you and Donghyuck shuffle your feet. A wave of anticipation comes over him as he lifts his head up to look at you already staring right at him.

"We're not hiding anything from you, Renjun." You state, albeit, it's a bit hard to face your best friend in such a predicament because you're sure he thinks you hate him when you could do anything but that.

"Well then, tell me why you're ignoring me." Renjun crosses his arms in front of you with a visible frown and eyebrows furrowed. You could only whimper a bit in desperation as you weighed your options, you could tell Renjun, get it over with and lose him for a friend forever, or you could lie to his face, and keep him as a friend but he'll get even madder.

Donghyuck opens his mouth before he thinks through with his plan, "We're a bit busy planning a party, so we'll tell you then, Renjun. Trust me, it's valid reasoning and she'll tell you when she's ready to, right?" He nudged you a bit, your mouth hanging wide open as you shook your head vigorously.

Or you could do that too. You smiled at Donghyuck for saving your ass for the 1234352nd time.

Renjun couldn't believe this. Valid reasoning? That's bullcrap. But he guesses he'll have to wait until the party to find out because they sure as hell weren't about to spill right now. And clearly, you were uncomfortable with the topic being brought up. He could only sigh when he saw your figure being uncomfortable around him because he'd never experienced you being like that with him.

"Fine, when's the party?" Renjun asked, his phone brought out to mark it on the calendar.

Donghyuck glances at you as he replies immediately, "The 23rd of June?" There's a slight question in his tone as you nod vigorously and agree with him, "Yeah, the 23rd of June."

Renjun marks it and pockets his device again as he thinks it over, "That's a week from now," He voiced as he looked at the both of you with determination. "Very well. I'll let you two keep your secret for another week." He said as he walked away towards his car again, about to drive back to his dorms when he turned around, "Do sleep earlier, Y/N. You got eyebags." He comments off-handedly.

And as soon as he's gone, you and Donghyuck let out a sigh of relief, "Thank the lord you have my ass next to you." 

"