15~ Digging holes

Chapter 15 here! Hope your all having a good day :). I have so many ideas for this book and i can't wait to write them! Daryl and Emerson's bond is gonna be very slowburn but once we reach the farm it should move faster! love ya x

Emerson was dragged to the quarry by the group. She sits at the side, watching the others.

The women are doing laundry, Carl and Shane are in the water catching frogs, Ed sits with a cigarette and Sophia seems to be walking over to her.

Wait what.

"Hi" Sophia's timid voice speaks before she can process her arrival.

"Um hi?" Emerson replies quietly.

"Can i sit with you?" She asks kindly.

"I don't care" She mumbles, messing with some stones awkwardly as Sophia sits down anyway.

"I like your jacket" She points to it, "it's cool"

"Why, it's just a jacket?" Emerson wonders.

"The leather makes it look badass" Sophia smiles.

"Oh um thanks" She accepts the compliment awkwardly.

Emerson and Sophia fall into silence when the women begin to laugh. She hears someone say "I miss my
vibrator" Before the others erupt into more giggles.

What's a vibrator? Is it a type of clothing?

She'll be sure to ask someone later.

"What's so funny" Ed speaks up.

"Just swapping war stories, Ed" Andrea replies curtly.

Emerson watches as Ed stomps over to the other women, Sophia seems to be shrinking back as if she knew what's coming.

"Problem, Ed?" Andrea glares at him.

"Nothin' that concerns you. And you ought to focus on your work. This ain't no comedy club" He grumbles out, looking at all the women.

"Ed, tell you what... you don't like how your laundry is done, you are welcome to pitch in and do it yourself. Here" Andrea remarks.

Emerson stares as she tosses him a shirt and he harshly throws it back. Sophia looks as if she about about to cry next to her so, for once, she slowly puts her hand on her shoulder attempting to give comfort.

It looks as if it did something as she sends a sad smile to Emerson before they both look back to the commotion.

"Ain't my job, missy" Ed snarls.

"Andrea, don't" Carol cries pleadingly.

"What is your job, Ed? Sitting on your ass smoking cigarettes?" Andrea smartly says.

"Well, it sure as hell ain't listening to some uppity smart-mouthed bitch. Tell you what... come on. Let's go" Ed reaches out and grabs Carol by the wrist.

"I don't think she needs to go anywhere with you, Ed" Andrea grasps onto Carol, sort of like a tug of war.

"And I say it's none of your business. Come on now. You heard me" Ed raises his voice.

Just like her father.

"Carol" Andrea pleads.

"Andrea, please. It doesn't matter" Carol shakes her head.

"Hey, don't think I won't knock you on your ass just 'cause you're some college-educated cooze, All right? Now you come on now or you gonna regret it later" Ed warns darkly.