27. Seduce

I tried to be quiet when entering just in case he asleep, tip toeing and taking my time to shut the door silently. The sound of a quiet melody played on the record player, warming the darkness by a shit ton.

I crept through blindly, my hands extended out as my eyes adjusted to the dark. When I could see fully my eyes fell on his large frame, pressed firmly over the sheets. He laid on his back with his arms out, his chest rising and falling rapidly.

The sight brought me so much anxiety I practically flew onto his bed, placing my hand over his chest. My skin immediately met with a pool of sweat on his, making me furrow in fear.

"Everest?" I whispered, nudging him slightly. He groaned incoherently as his brows furrowed, his eyes still shut right. What's wrong with him is he having a nightmare?

"Everest?" I whispered again, nudging him harder. He didn't budge.

"Evie?" I spoke, shaking him both hands. In a sudden he was sitting up gasping breathlessly, his eyes wide as he clutched his chest. I jumped at his sudden burst and faltered against the bed, catching my own breath in fear. The anxiety settling slowly.

"Are you okay?" I breathed, running my hands through my hair as I tried to calm myself down quickly. He panted, clutching the bed behind him to support himself, his raven black hair hanging over his face.

"Azalinda?" He panted, his tone laced with confusion. I crawled next to him, cupping his face in my hands as I squinted to see his features. I tilted his head up to face me and frowned at the fear pooling in his deep blue eyes.

"Evie what's wrong? Are you okay?" I asked softly, searching his face for any other sign of distress. He gripped my thigh as if in comfort as he let out a long breath, closing his eyes again. His head leaned into my touch sweetly as he calmed.

"What are you doing in here?" He whispered drowsily, he weight deepening as his body relaxed against me. I let his head fall against my chest as he hummed against me, gripping my thighs harder.

"I wanted to sleep with you," I whispered against his hair, my mind reeling as I clutched his head against me. I was almost certain he'd had a nightmare. But what of? Did he have them often? I hoped he'd feel willing to tell me if he did.

"Mmm I like the sound of that," he hummed and I immediately knew he was back to his normal self. I let out a breath of relief as I let go of him. He laid back against the bed, extending his arm out for me.

I lied down next to him, cuddling against his frame as he wrapped his arm around my waist. My head resting on his chest.

"We're you having a nightmare?" I asked, looking out into the darkness as I clutched his waist eagerly. Wanting to be as close to him as possible. He sighed placing a hand on the back of my head.

"It's okay Princess I'm used to it," he whispered into my hair and I frowned at that. I didn't like the idea of him having to go through that often. So often that it was common for him. Nobody should have to go through that. If it was common for him I couldn't but wonder what they entailed. What pained him so deeply that it haunted him?

"What was it about?" I whispered, hoping not to pry but my curiosity was peaking.

"It doesn't matter Princess, it's over now," he reassured but I didn't feel any better about it. "Don't worry okay just get some sleep." I wanted to oblige but I did worry. I couldn't not. After all the one thing I wanted for them was to be happy. Whether with me or just in general. And I hated that he wouldn't let me help him. But I knew that forcing it wouldn't help either.

"If you ever need to you can talk to me Evie," I whispered, let my eyes flutter shut as I relaxed into him.

"I know Princess," he whispered, stroking my hair softly. I hummed at the familiar warm feeling in me. Their affection was beginning to feel like a security blanket for me. Allowing me the greatest comfort and relief I've ever felt and drifting me into sleep.