A Chat

Chapa found Bose in the weapons room, dusting some incredibly dangerous-looking gun. He glanced up as they entered the room and gave them a small grin. "Hiya." He said.

They grimaced, watching him fumble with the gun as he cleaned, nearly dropping it. "Hey, did Ray put you on the jobs above your pay grade again?"

"I don't get paid. Do you get paid?" Bose tossed his hair back as he spoke.

Chapa shook their head, chuckling, "Nope, so I guess that makes everything above our pay grade, huh."

"Sure."

They leaned forward, resting their elbows on the tabletop as Bose traded the newly cleaned weapon out for another nasty-looking, powerful one. This one was covered in some goop from a fight, and Bose stuck his tongue out in disgust as he attempted to wipe it off with his little rag. Chapa tilted their head. "Ray was weird today, don'tcha think?"

Bose nodded distractedly, he'd never been the best multitasker. "With the Henry thing? Yeah, lil bit. He seemed hella peeved."

"Well, Henry has always been a pretty sensitive subject for him, depending on what you say."

"You can say that again. One time, I said Henry's probably having more fun in Dystopia, and he pulled a laser on me!" Bose said, waving the laser gun he was cleaning for emphasis.

Chapa laughed, "He can't face that Henry could be having a nice life without him in it. I feel bad for the guy, I mean Ray seems pretty attached."

"Yeah, but he's got four whole heroes now! That's gotta be better than just one!" Bose scratched his head in confusion with the laser gun. "Four is bigger than one, right?" He sighed with relief at the nod he got in response and Chapa raised an eyebrow.

"I dunno, Ray's weird."

"The not dating thing kinda got to me though," Bose said, raising his puppy dog eyes to meet theirs, "I dunno about you, but I couldn't just not date anyone. How do you find your true love?" He batted his eyelashes and laughed.

Chapa shrugged. "It makes sense, what if you date someone and open up to them, and when you guys break up they now know you're a superhero? It's risky."

"I think that's just your trust issues talking, Chapa."

"Whatever."

Bose furrowed his brows as if dusting off his brain to actually think for once. "Well, I guess the only thing to do would be to date someone who already knew your identity. Like a teammate, or a fellow hero.."

Chapa's eyes shot up, face burning, and spat out "Pff, I couldn't date any of you dorks!"

"Right, yeah.." Bose nodded, trailing off, unable to make eye contact, his cheeks also dusted with pink.

Chapa shuffled their feet, avoiding those deep brown eyes. "I-I dunno, maybe it wouldn't be so bad..." they muttered, "Heroes do already understand what our life is like, so we could share experiences."

Bose nodded his head eagerly. "Uh-huh! And it's like, we don't have to worry about keeping secrets, and you could like train together and stuff! Also, you gotta be like, hella cool to be a superhero so we've already got good options." He grinned.

Chapa willed their face to cool down, clearing their throat and mumbling "Yeah.." as they watched Bose get back to work surprisingly diligently. He seemed content not making conversation, humming quietly some tune he must've picked up from tv.

No one knew why, but Chapa sat and watched silently, mirrored in return by Bose, until he finished.

A/n:idk felt like bose would be the typa person to say like and yk a lot bc his words dont come out fast lol anyway pls comment if you enjoyed!! I swear we'll get to the good stuff soon, im just feeling out the characters rn. You'll never guess who's coming in nextttt my fav boi