Dwexy

Chapa stumbled into the Man's Nest on dead feet, the rest of their team in tow. "Superhero-ing is exhausting; I could go for a nice long coma right about now." They slurred tiredly. Their teammates groaned in agreement. Their muscles felt like lead and protested with every step.

The teen made it just barely to the couch and was ready to collapse on it for a Danger Force pile nap when Ray stopped them with a sharp tone. "Ah, wait, Chapa! Head down to Drex's room and feed him won'tcha?"

Chapa's fingers sparked in protest. "What? No way! Doesn't he have an automatic feeder?" They replied.

"It's busted, he won't quit trying to use it to break out and I sent Schwoz out to get my groceries so he hasn't fixed it yet."

"It takes him all day to get you groceries?"

"You kids eat like the Tasmanian devil! Now get to it, that's an order, Volt."

"Who's the Tasmanian devil?" Bose piped up and Ray shook his head, grumbling something about kids and classics.

Chapa sighed, de-transforming and heading to one of the Man's Nest's many rooms as they heard Ray shout "Danger Force! Pile!"

Chapa rubbed their sore shoulder, wincing at the knot they felt. All this intense fighting was starting to take a toll on them. The tray of half-assed food they had picked up with what looked like the bare necessities wobbled in their grip, clearly meant to be held with both hands.

"Bleh, prison food?" They muttered, sticking their tongue out at the bland array. They pushed the door open, stepping inside and seeing Drex's laying form on the small cot.

He spoke without looking up. "Whatever it is, Ray, I don't care. Maybe Henry isn't returning your calls because you're fucking annoying old man."

Chapa smirked. "Rude," they said, and Drex turned his head around, interested.

"Chapa." He sounded pleased, probably happy to see someone other than Ray or the occasional Schwoz. "Ray put you on prison duty?"

They watch him cautiously, on edge and alert. "Yes he did." their clipped response just made him grin.

He tilted his head, eyes tracking them from his seat on the cot despite his relaxed tone. "What's the matter? Scared of big bad Drex?"

"You wanna come out here and say that to my face?" Chapa shot back, fingers crackling, "Oh wait, you can't." They lifted their chin, standing up taller as they met Drex's dark, intense stare.

His anger eased, face smoothing out as they stared at each other for a minute. "You don't know how to give me the food, do you?"

"Not really, no."

"Well," he smirked, "before he made the dispenser, Schwoz used to just open the door and hand it to me."

"Nice try." they deadpanned, walking over to a contraption that looked similar to something they'd seen used in mental institutions. They pulled its first door, but the damn thing was jammed. They yanked and tugged on it, but it just wouldn't budge. They shouted angrily, "Ugh! This is so-" they frustratedly kicked the cell wall, "-fucking-" they lifted the tray of food as Drex watched intently, "stupid!" they tilted the tray in an attempt to jam it down the small opening and zapped it, spilling the now burnt food all over the floor in the contraption, some slipping out to land in Drex's cell.

They looked up, grimacing, to see Drex simply watching, arms crossed as he looked at his sad meal making its home on the floor.

"Sorr-ee." They scratched the back of their neck, contemplating how to clean the mess. "Well shit," they muttered.