The Kid Returns

Henry groaned and looked like he was going to pop as Ray practically squeezed the life out of him. He glanced at the kids as he tried to escape the rib-crushing hug his former partner had him trapped in, giving them a little wave as he activated his force field to push Ray away. "Sup dangers," he greeted them, wiping at a spot on his shirt where Ray's drool had left a wet patch. "How have you kids been?" he asked, but was cut off by Ray jumping at him again.

"Enough about them, my baby bird came back to the nest! Do you need help in Dystopia? Because I will gladly burn this place down in an instant Hen," Ray said enthusiastically, earning shocked and hurt looks from the danger Force kiddos.

Chapa rolled their eyes and Miles muttered "Jesus Christ.."

Bose grinned as the guys separated, half unwillingly on Ray's part, and he patted Henry on the back. "Is crime in Dystopia better than crime here?" he asked, tilting his head.

Henry scratched the back of his neck, "It's a lot more intense, but I was a lot younger when I fought most of the crime here, so it seems easier, sort of, since I have more experience," he said, catching Ray's look of concern at his mention of intensity. "But it's pretty cool, you guys would definitely like it," he amended.

Mika jumped up and down in place and squealed, smiling excitedly. "Ooh, we need to share fighting tactics, I need to get tips from the best! How long are you gonna be here?" she asked.

"Oh, uh, I dunno yet, maybe for a while," Henry trailed off, eyes darkening for a moment, then he perked up. "Totally long enough to see what you kids got, and to catch up with the big dog here." He smirked at Ray's clear joy at hearing the nickname from his best friend again.

The kids grinned at each other in delight at the prospect of training with Henry and showing off their skills. Everyone finally settled down on the couch, Ray unreasonably close to Henry, who just shook his head fondly at the childish action. He chatted with the kids for a while, Ray taking over the conversation multiple times in his efforts to have his ex-sidekick's attention. He frowned when the subject turned to relationships. "Surely you kids have seen the more...fun...parts of being a hero, right? How many hearts have you broken?" Henry asked, chuckling as their faces turned red and they all looked away bashfully.

Bose, oblivious as ever, replied "Probably not as many as you with what Ray said you were doing at our age, right guys?" He joked innocently, though the other danger force members shot him a look that made his eyebrows draw together in confusion. "What? You guys heard Ray, Henry 'hooked up with anyone that gave him attention, that's gotta be a lot of people if he was the Kid Danger."

Henry's eyebrows drew together, his face lighting up with panic and confusion as he whipped around to face Ray in shock. "What were you saying to them about me?!"

Ray ducked his head, ashamed, and muttered "Just, you know, how you like to get a little...touchy, with people." He turned sad eyes up to his ex-sidekick. "I didn't mean to! It just slipped!"

Henry's mouth set in a hard line. "Schwoz, what exactly did he say?" he called to the tech junkie, who came up to him and whispered in his ear, Ray wincing as he heard. Henry gasped, eyeing his ex-boss furiously. "Jesus Christ Ray, these are kids!" His voice raised.

Danger Force exchanged looks, each of them wearing expressions of awkwardness and discomfort to varying degrees.

Ray puffed his chest out defensively, though he still had a look of shame in his blue eyes. "You were a kid too! When you, you know.." He shot a glance at the kids as he argued back, clearly not wanting them to witness the conversation.

"Yeah, well you didn't seem to mind, huh Ray?"

"Well, what's that supposed to mean!"

"You know what it means!"