PROLOGUE

When I had finally finished college and got my psychology degree, I never expected for some well dressed men to come to my home right after. I was just sitting there alone on the couch watching football, my lovely cat Patches sleeping soundly on my lap. 

That was when I heard a knock on the door, which was annoying, considering I was watching football. I assumed maybe it was Sapnap’s dumbass who forgot the keys, but as I looked through the peephole of my door, I completely paused. Multiple dudes with guns, armoured, and standing there menacingly. 

What the hell were you supposed to do at that moment?

Quickly I ran and grabbed my mask on the couch and put it on, slowly opening up the door to peak out.

“Hello..?” I spoke in a very soft tone, looking at their weapons, which thankfully weren’t raised.

“Dream Smiles, just completed college, degree in psychology, correct?” One of them spoke, the one in the middle of them all.

“Yes- hi, that’s me, uhhhh.. Did I do anything wrong..?” I asked and looked at the guns.

“No, we are here to recruit you for something. I apologize about the guns, standard protocol.” They apologized and explained why they were here.

“Recruit? For what.. This isn’t like some scary cult thing, right?” I asked and let out a nervous laugh.

“No, Mr. Smiles.” They said and pulled out a paper, handing it to me,

“We are from the SCP foundation.”

“Which stands for Secure. Contain. Protect.”

And that's how I became Dr. Smiles, a beloved part of this crazy facility.

Oh shit, my shift with 682 starts in 5 minutes. I need to keep a better track of time jeez.