Chapter 5

Summary: More shenanigans with Dr. Smiles and SCP-7666.

They be bonding indeed.
-
“Hello again, 7666, how are you today?” Dr. Smiles spoke to the SCP now sitting in a chair in front of him. 

7666’s head immediately looked up from the table,  “Miserable.” He told the doctor with his usually expressionless face. Dr. Smiles frowned a bit, he didn’t enjoy others not being happy, so he sat down in his chair. 

“Oh no.. that isn’t very good, can I do anything to help you?” Dr. Smiles asked, under his mask he had very sympathetic eyes, and his voice was now softer. The SCP in front of him looked away and started playing with their sleeve, they looked unsure. 

“I-” SCP-7666 paused, hesitating clearly, “Yes.” They finally got out a yes.

“What Can I do for you?” Dr. Smiles asked as he sat there in his chair, leg shaking a bit at random. 

“What you did last time.” 7666 vaguely said, it seemed like they didn’t even want to admit what he said.

“Make you laugh?” Dr. Smiles tilted his head, a little confused on what the other was asking.

“No- no. The other thing, I’m not saying it outloud.” 7666 played with their sleeve some more, refusing to look at Dr. Smiles now.

“Pet you?” Dr. Smiles asked, it was the only other thing he could think of, and 7666 head perked up. 7666 didn’t know how to react, only looking down at his hands, playing with them, and of course his sleeves. Dr. Smiles stood up from his chair and came over to Techno slowly, who’s head instantly averted to the doctor coming closer. “It’s okay.” Dr. Smiles reassured, “is that a yes, do you want me to pet you?” Dr. Smiles spoke in a soft tone, until finally SCP-7666 admitted yes. Where then Dr. Smiles moved his hand to start giving the SCP affection, who quickly melted into it. Dr. Smiles watched as the other's tail began to wag rapidly when given affection, making him smile at the sight. “You’re so sweet..” Dr. Smiles hummed as he grabbed his chair to sit next to the SCP. “Let’s continue this interview now, okay? I have a few questions to ask you, 7666.” Dr. Smiles told the SCP who had their eyes closed, melting into the way his head was being rubbed.

“Mhm… mhm.. Ask away.” The SCP instantly agreed as his tail wagged rapidly, so happy at the moment. 

“Firstly, surely 7666 isn’t your name, what’s your actual name?” Dr. Smiles asked the other, he asked this to most of his SCP's so that they were most comfortable when speaking to him. 7666 seemed to be surprised by this question, the doctor actually cared about his name?

"You actually care about my real name? You'd care enough to use it? I demanded for other doctors to use and they never did..” 7666 huffed a bit, “They also commonly referred to me as an ‘it’, I don’t like that, I am a person who can feel things and would prefer to be called a he.” he finally finished and Dr. Smiles definitely felt bad. He wrote down in his notes with an asterisk that 7666’s behaviour may be happening as a cause of mistreatment, but that needed further testing. 

“Yes, I care about your name, I’m not like other doctors. I’ll write all of that down for future notes and documents, okay?” Dr. Smiles hummed as he continued to gently pet the SCP, soothing him more and more. That only seemed to put more of a smile on the SCP’s face, who just continued to melt into the other's touch.

“Wow.. you’re actually kind of cool” The SCP muttered, like if he wasn’t just melting into Dr. Smiles’ gentle touch. “My name is Technoblade, or Techno for short, you?” 7666 finally told his name, now he didn’t have to be called a 4 digit number. Dr. Smiles only smiled more when the SCP gave his name, which he knew now by the name of Technoblade.