Discovering new feelings

Okay so here's another update since I'm free right now and I'm going to take the time to write some more:) This sudden idea popped in my head about Louis (hybrid) actually finding out about his feelings towards Harry:) I guess it's really just innocent Louis thorough the whole one shot:)

So here it is, hope you enjoy:) Feel free to comment and feedback is always appreciated.

~Lili~

The thing about Louis is that he never really thought about it. If he likes something, than he likes it. If he likes someone, than he likes him. Not that he had much opportunity to discover what he liked and what he disliked before meeting Harry because he was treated like trash but still, that was how he worked. He learned not to expect too much, but when it came to Harry and his curly hair and green eyes and deep husky voice, he could help but want more, whatever that meant. He was still discovering this new odd lingering feeling he felt whenever the other lad was near him. He didn't even know what was happening, never mind understanding the way his heartbeat increased when Harry was there. It bothered him. At first, he thought that it was because Harry was nice enough to save him and take him in. Harry was kind, so that was the reason he felt that way, because his Hazza was friendly and cuddly and warm. He was content with that sort of reasoning. But then, he realized that Zayn, Niall and Liam were also nice to him; they were kind and friendly and cuddly and warm. So he should feel that way around them too right? He wasn't sure and he was bored since Harry worked today and Louis had nothing to do. So he tried investigating.

First, he went to Niall's. Niall who had an bubbly personality, loud voice thick with Irish but who still manage to befriend Louis, the shy little cat boy, as he called Louis. Louis stopped by his flat, smiling widely as he knocked on the door, his cat ears twitched mildly as he heard Niall. A happy voice echoed that he was coming and a few seconds and loud footsteps later, the door cracked open, letting place to a blond lad peeking his head out the door. His eyes widen in surprise as he definitely wasn't expecting Louis. "Lou?" He asked, his surprise quickly masked with a big smile. He opened the door wider, letting Louis in. "Ni!" Came Louis' loud voice as he threw his arms around Niall, hugging him tight. It was weird, because he didn't feel his heart beat faster as he clung to Niall. Yet, Niall was warm and cuddly and friendly, just like Harry. But there was still something weird about his feeling that he couldn't quite put a hand on. If he didn't feel the same way he felt with Harry when he was with Niall then did that mean that he liked Harry better? He wondered. It's not as if he didn't like Niall either, because that he was sure, he did like the Irish lad... just not the same way he liked Harry. For now, he'd let that slip away a little as Niall offers him something to fill up his little belly and he gladly agrees because he's hungry.

Next, he stops by Zayn's flat to continue and explore his theory who doesn't seem to work so well. He still haven't figure out, but he came to the conclusion that he liked Harry more than Niall and it made him feel bad a little but only a little so he didn't let it bother him more than it should, because deep down, he felt that Niall wouldn't mind if he preferred Harry. Zayn wasn't like Niall, Zayn was quiet and reserved but still as friendly and warm and cuddly. Zayn welcomes him with a small smile, slightly wondering what Louis was doing but not pushing too much. They spent time together, talking about whichever topic came by. They watched a match of footy and Louis snuggled close to Zayn, wanting a nice cuddle. The other lad didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around Louis in return. But then again, he didn't feel his heart race in his chest when Zayn held him close similar to the way Harry wrapped his strong arms around Louis' middle and make his heart feel like he ran a marathon. Louis didn't feel the same way he felt with Harry when Zayn did what the curly lad did. Zayn felt like Niall did; they were still warm and cuddly and friendly and kind. But they were not Harry, and it confused Louis more than anything. Why did he felt that way with Harry? What did he do to make Louis feel so odd?

Last stop, he goes to Liam's flat and decided that if he didn't figure out by then, he'll give up and let the mystery to be solved on another day, because he was kind of exhausted, thinking so hard when he was the type to just feel and not worry. Liam looks a bit startled that Louis came but brings him in a tight embrace nevertheless, one that doesn't make his heart beat faster although it did take him by surprise. He smiles as Liam invites him to watch Toys Story, because that's just so typical of him. Just like how Harry always wants to watch Love Actually with Louis tucked by his side. Louis doesn't recall much of the movie as he stayed focused on his reflexions about Harry. Liam scratched his ears, making them twitch on his hair, as Louis rested his head on his shoulder. Liam was caring and cuddly and friendly and warm and kind, just like the two other lad were and so was Harry. So why did being with Harry felt so different? Why did being with Harry brought so much butterflies to his stomach? Why did his heart felt like it fluttered each time Harry pet his ears, pressed a small goodnight kiss to his forehead? He was far from discovering what it meant and before he knew it, the movie was over and realized that Harry would be home any minute, so he excused himself and went home, his head still filled with unanswered questions. 

As he opened the door to their flat the smell of home washed over him, there was a strong pair of arms that wrapped themselves around Louis, crashing the smaller lad against him; Harry held him close. And then, it all clicked for Louis; why Harry was so different than the other three, why he made Louis' heart flutter, why his heart beat faster, why he feels butterflies... Because Harry is special. He understood clearly now, he loved Harry. "[...] Lou? Love?" Harry's voice brought him back to reality. "W-wha?" He stuttered out as he looked up to meet Harry's eyes, filled with worry and concern. "I asked you where you were. I was worried when I came home to an empty flat... thought you left of something." Harry mumbled softly. Louis shook his head slowly from left to right. "Nope. I went to Niall's and Zayn's and Liam's. 'wanted to understand something. But in the end, the answer was right  here to begin with." He spoke gently as he patted his heart with his hand. Harry looked at him curiously. "And what is that?" He asked, a smirk dancing on his lips. Louis blushed, his cheeks reddening quickly as he sucked on his lower lip, debating whether he should tell Harry or not. Because what if Harry didn't felt that way? What if Harry thought he was a burden? He decided that it was best the he spoke. If anything happened, he'll just leave; it wasn't as if he wasn't used to live in the streets, so he had nothing to lose. "I-I love you... like I love love you." Louis manage to whisper out softly, cheeks still a deep shade of red, his ears fluttered as his tail wrapped around his own waist. "Tch... took you long enough you twat." Harry mumbled as he pressed his lips to Louis'. "I love love you too." Harry whispered softly against Louis' forehead as he let a small kiss there. Harry found himself cupping Louis' face with his palms as he bent down for yet another kiss. 

And in that moment, Louis couldn't have been happier. He was lucky, to fall in love so easily with someone like Harry, kind, friendly, cuddly, warm and caring. It was all he ever wished for. For now, he just hoped it wasn't a dream and that he wouldn't wake up in that rusty old cage by the streets.