Haunting thoughts

I was just in the mood to write so here we go:) and I like writing innocent Louis a little bit too much I think. And he always end up crying in Harry's arms. I don't even know if I should be mad for that, guess I'm just a sucker for fluff. Oh, and I think this is going to be somewhat dark I guess, like darker than what I usually write? Like it has mentions of abuse and I don't know, if you're easily triggered, please don't read. Once again, it's pretty short but don't hate me for it? And I haven't re-read so I actually don't know how to feel about it. Anyways, I'll stop rambling now:)

**Just for the record, he or him in italics is suppose to represent Louis' previous owner who wasn't to kind to the poor lad. I wasn't sure if that itself was clear so might as well mention it.

Hope you enjoy:) Love you all thanks for reading, means a lot

~Lili~

It wasn't as if he wanted to remember, no, of course not. If he could get one thing, something he truly desired, it would have been the ability to forget. Because it followed him everywhere. Somewhere in the back of his mind, it was still very much present, haunting him whenever his mind was wandering off. He tried his best to shut those days far away, he really did, but to no avail.

On days such as these ones, where he the whole flat was silent and that every single sound echoed through the apartment, Louis couldn't help but be reminded, because his footsteps used to echo through the hallway as he made his way to Louis' room. He used to slam the door behind him as he looked over to a terrified lad, curled up on himself. He used to hurt Louis in every way possible. The memory of his touches were still vivid, still burning, still unforgettable, still inked within Louis, like a constant reminder of his past. Every slap thrown his way were remembered; the sting he felt when the palm of his hand made contact with his skin was still buried deep within himself, no matter how hard Louis tried to forget. Louis remembered how his own body was covered in bruises, so very fragile, every inch covered in purple patches and unhealed cuts. He recalled feeling so weak he could barely move which only brought another beating. He remembered how much he wanted to die, how desperate he was for the pain to end. He remembered how much he loathed humans and how he swore he would never believe in a human again. Every insult he muttered towards Louis under his breath were still lingering, floating around freely. Everything remained, forever haunting him.

The day he let go of Louis, disposed of the feathered haired lad in that rusty old cage, Louis was overwhelmed with pure joy, because he finally got to break away from that horrible way of living he used to call his life. Louis waited for him to walk away and made sure he was long gone before the cat like lad attempted to escape from that cage. But luck wasn't on his side, he couldn't break the lock. At first, he remained positive, someone would get him out of there, and he'll get to live the life he truly deserved. But as days went by, with people walking past him, afraid of what the cage was hiding behind its bars, Louis stopped hoping. He stopped believing he was going to be saved; he accepted what was going to happen, he was going to die from lack of food and warmth. He lost his belief in life... Until Harry showed up.

Harry was like a ray of sunlight upon Louis' pitch black universe. He became the sole purpose of Louis' life. Everything revolved on him. He gave Louis the opportunity to live, to truly live. And Louis was thankful towards the curly lad. Because if it wasn't for him, Louis would have ended his life as soon as he could.

Louis smiled as he remembered how Harry saved him, how he gave him the will to live once again, how he showed Louis that he deserved way more than what he received from him. Louis fell asleep, his memories of abuse somewhat buried beneath his memories of Harry, keeping his mind busy and away from him... But not for long.

~.~.~

He lay of his bed, handcuffed to the headboard. Tears were flowing freely from his eyes, pouring down his cheeks as he tried to compose himself, because he knew, crying would only bring him more pain, and pain was the last thing he wanted to feel right now. His body was aching all over and bruises were forming wherever he had been hit and slapped. The feathered haired lad still felt the lingering feeling of being filled coursing through his whole body. He hated how full it made him feel. He hated how it stung so much, no matter how many times he was put through the same treatment, no matter how many times he was being stretched open. An involuntary whimper left his parted lips, followed by an hiccup, was heard and apparently, it was too loud since soon, he heard footsteps echoing through the hallway, making its way to his door. The door opened violently and slammed shut a few seconds later, startling the handcuffed lad.

Louis slowly looked up at the other lad and as a hand flew to his cheek once again, he closed his eyes, because he knew better than to be looking straight at him. Louis knew how he hated when Louis struggled and was being stubborn, so Louis stopped a long time ago. He bit his lower lip instead, swallowing his whimpers down. "You fucking idiot! Was it not enough of a punishment?! Do you need more to keep your filthy mouth shut?! What more can I do to make you understand your position you filthy cat?!" He would yell, his voice angry but clear and fierce, as he would yank on Louis' sensible tail, making him yelp in pure pain.

"Lou. Lou, open your eyes baby, come on..." He heard someone speaking softly. The voice was familiar and slowly, step by step, the scene before him became fuzzy.

And he opened his eyes, yanked away from his nightmare quickly. His breathing was uneven and he was struggling for breath as he realised he had held his breath, too deep within his memory. His scared blue eyes found Harry's soothing green ones, calm and understanding. Harry's emotions were clear in his eyes, unshed tears making them glassy, not a single hint of doubt could be seen as he wrapped his arms around Louis, burying his head into Louis' hair. "I'm so sorry." He whispered into Louis' cat ears as Louis' tail found itself wrapping around Harry's waist, holding him close, sharing their warmth. "If I could take away your pain, I would you know? If I could make those days disappear, I would." He spoke softly to Louis, his lips brushing the other lad's fluttering ears. "I hate it so much that he made you suffer like that. I hate it that you had to go through that baby. You deserve so much better honey." Harry went on rambling, as Louis cried into his shoulder. He wondered how he got someone as good as Harry. He haven't even spoke about his nightmare and Harry already knew. He felt blessed and utterly loved and his heart fluttered at the thought. Louis shook his head gently. "I-it's not your fault Hazza..." He stuttered out shakily. more tears streamed down his cheeks as he spoke and Harry rubbed his back, soothing him, as he held the other lad incredibly closer.

"Shh, it's okay baby. I won't let anything even happen to you, I swear." Harry spoke once more, trying to reassure Louis. "Everything's going to be all right. I'm not letting anyone touch you that way. We'll get through this together yeah?" His voice was firm and strong, it didn't waver once and Louis nodded slightly, too weak to respond verbally. He really did believe in the curly lad's words, because he learned to trust again, and Harry was definitely true to his words. Louis felt at ease in those strong arms, mending every broken pieces of him. For now as he tried to push away those unfaithful memories replacing them with these overwhelming feelings for Harry, he actually thinks that he could; if Harry remained by his side and constantly reminded him that he was there for him and that he kept Louis' mind from wandering off on its own accord, Louis might be able to suppress those dark days away, and he might be able to lock them away...