2nd

We all walked back to the sandlot after the diner, because it was only noon. And I was up to bat, but then I got an alert on my phone again. Gosh, always ruining everything diabetes. I ignored the alert and picked up the bat. "are you ok?" Ham asked. "um yeah, it was just my sister. "ok DeNunez pitch it." Ham yelled, I started to feel a little lightheaded after I hit the ball but I just continued to 1st base.

after a few hours of playing it was starting to get dark, so we all headed home. "Hold up Harp." I heard turning around to see Rodriguez running towards me. "Sorry," I said, he wasn't even out of breath after running. I guess that's why he's called the jet. "your fine. I saw you walking home alone, are you good?" Benny said looking at me. "yea I'm fine," I said. I felt a little light-headed still, but I will make it home. "oh you seemed a little off earlier." he said sadly, "I was just light-" I began, and all this sudden everything was dark.

-benny's pov-

Harper seemed off earlier at the sandlot and she was walking home alone. I caught up to her and asked if she was ok, "I was just light-" she began to say, then she stopped walking and started to faint. oh no, what do I do? catch her obviously benny! so I caught her before she fell, "Harper?" she didn't respond, I picked her up bridal style and ran to my house. I went inside, laid Harper on the couch and went to get a wet washcloth from upstairs. I heard my mom and Paislee laughing in Pais's room, so I walked in "hey sweetie dinner in 20?" My mom said looking up at me, "what's wrong?" "um Harper fainted on the walk home from the sandlot, she's on the couch downstairs." I said, "oh okay I'll make dinner in 20 minutes. she can join us, her mom is working until late." she said going back to playing. "ok imma see if she woke up." I said as I walked downstairs.

-Harpers pov-

I wake up to find myself on Benny's couch laying down, what the hell happened? I went to check my phone, to see that I had many alerts from my diabetes. oh shoot. where's benny's mom? she is a nurse and knows about my diabetes, I don't know what to do now. eat sugar? I sit up to see Benny walking towards me with a nervous face and a damp washcloth in his hand. "Oh hey you woke up." he said relieved, "you fainted by the way." "ohhh must of been the heat i guess." I said, not wanting to bring up that it wasn't the reason. "anyways thanks for taking care of me, where's your mom?" I asked, he looked very confused "playing with Paislee upstairs." Benny told me, "I have a question for her" I said as I walked up the stairs. I walked into Pais's room, and Laura (Benny's mom) hugged me tightly. she acted like she loved me more than she loved Benny. then I hugged Pais and Laura took me to her room, did Benny tell her I fainted? "Heyy Harper, Benny told me about what happened, did you sugar drop?" She said grabbing my hands. "um yea i guess, that's what my phone said. I was batting earlier and then I got an alert, but ignored it-" I started crying because of how stupid I was. "Harp, shhhhh. your fine. next time don't ignore it, this is serious. I'm glad Benny was there for you." Laura said smiling, I looked up at her with my tear-filled eyes and hugged her. she was more of a mom to me than my own mom, my ma was too busy with my brother and work. Never cared about me or my sister really, ever since dad walked away. "Harp," my thoughts were cut off. "yes?" "I think you like Benny," She said smiling at me. "nooo, he's like a brother. I would never." I said, I don't. he's just very handsome with amazing hazel eyes- no, no harper. you can't like him, that's crazy.

"Okay, whatever you say." She said laughing, my jaw dropped to the floor. "dinner in 20, you are eating over here." She said walking downstairs.

i don't like him, it's Benny we are talking about. the guy i've known my whole life, my best friend. Well I guess that changed July 1, 1962.

-end of chapter-
A/n:
I don't have anything to say but imma take a break from my other story and write this one. Bcuz my other story seemed boring to me soooo imma write this one then maybe go back to the other one. But that's all :)
-paige