19th

benny's pov:

after we rode some rides with ham and jess, harper and i went to walk around by ourselves. I saw huge ferris wheel, "harper lets go on this," i said pointing to it. Her eyes widened with fear, "um no. let's do the baseball toss." she said, trying to pull me towards the baseball booth. "is someone scared?" i said laughing, "no i just-" harper began to say as jess and ham come towards us. Jess had a huge teddy bear and ham had a corndog, "harper is scared of heights. especially ferris wheels." Jess said laughing, "I am NOT!" she replied. "It's ok, Ill be right next to you." I said pulling harper into a side hug, "i guess. i'm going to hate this tho." She said as we walked right onto the seats, she took another look behind her before she breathed heavily. "you will be ok." I said holding her hand, she flashed me a half-fake smile. There was a loud noise of the ride starting, harper jumped, I started laughing. "it's not funny!" She said slapping me playfully. Then she looked down at the floor below us. "ahhhh shit! Why are we so high up?" Harper said holding on to me tightly, I laughed again. "you're cute when you are scared." I said, "well I'm glad you are enjoying my panick attack." She said, then we looked into each others eyes for awhile. The ride stopped and we both looked around us, we were stopped at the tippy-top of the ferris wheel. Harper looked terrified, I leaned in and kissed her. We both pulled away, "harper adams. will you be my girlfriend?" I said, nervous for her response. "benjamin rodriguez, i have been waiting for you to ask that question since 5th grade." She said, pulling me in for another kiss. just at that moment fireworks appeared, exactly like the 4th of july. The ride stopped and we looked around to see the ride ended. that was my favorite carnival ride ever, and always will be..

harpers pov:

we got off the ride, that was by far, the best night of my life.

Benny and I walked over to the rest of the gang, who were all giggling. "what did you guys do now?" I asked. "how was you little 'magical ride?" squints said while yeah-yeah wriggled his eyebrows. benny stayed quiet, "were yall spying on us?" I said, glaring at each one of the boys. and jess. "no, we just saw you guys on the top. well actually we didn't see your faces, because they were too close to each others' ham said as jess slapped him. "idiot you weren't supposed to say that." She hissed, benny and i laughed. "so what happened up there?" smalls asked, "I asked harper to be my girlfriend." Benny said grinning from ear to ear. "ohhhh. Kenny buddy you owe me 20 bucks." Ham said, "man thats not fair!" Kenny said pulling 20 bucks out of his pocket.

"you fools betted on us?!" I yelled, not harshly.

"yeah-" smalls said, "kenny said you wouldn't get together. Ham said yall would." he said.

"oh thanks smalls!" Kenny said sarcastically. smalls smiled widely back.

"sooo. you guys aren't gonna smooch in-front of us all the time?" squints said,

"yeah-yeah, that's gross!" yeah-yeah interrupted him.

"you mean like this?" benny said, then pulled me into a kiss.

"ewwwwwww" they all said, we just laughed.

"ok well Imma go home." I told them all, "i'm coming too!" jess yelled following me.

"see ya later." I said, then giving benny a kiss goodbye.

jess and I walked home, she wouldn't shut up about how happy she was for benny and i. "you know, i knew you guys would get together. I just was smart to not bet on it unlike ham." jess said laughing, "do you like him?" I asked looking at her. she was quiet. "who?" she said. "ham." "ew i would never." she said pretending to gag. "you said that about lucas." I replied laughing, "that was different." Jess said, as we walked through my house.

"anyone home?" I yelled walking into the living room. I looked around, silence. weird.

Jess sat on the couch and turned on the tv, I went to get snacks. I walked into the kitchen and i gasped. "JESSICA HURRY!!" I screamed as I pulled out my phone- tears streaming down my face. Jess appeared right next to me, "oh shit." she yelled, pulling me into a hug. I couldn't stop crying, "she will be fine." Jess said trying to calm me down. "no. no." I said burying my head into jess's chest.

after about 10 minutes of me crying, I heard sirens and saw flashing lights outside our house. The paramedics came rushing through the door, "ma'am. you will be okay, we are going to take her to the hospital. it's probably nothing big." This woman said, as the others were lifting her onto the stretcher, I think. I couldn't see really well since the tears were blurring my vision. They took her outside to the ambulance, then started to drive off. I ran outside and i sat on the curb crying, until i couldn't see the bright lights anymore.

I buried my head into my knees, I felt someone standing infront of me. but i didn't care, "harper?" I heard. I picked my head up to see benny with a confused expression on his face. "what's going on?" is what I heard before everything turned black.

-end of chapter-

a/n: i'm sorry this is a sad chapter. :(

but enjoy! :)