17th

Benny's pov:
I can never sleep at camp outs, especially this one. Ever since 4th of July, I can't stop thinking about Harper. I know she likes me but I'm just too scared that I will screw up a good friendship. I opened my eyes to see that Harper was not laying in her sleeping bag, I sat up and walked outside to the balcony. There she was, laying against the wall. I tried to be quiet walking towards her, but the wooden floor squeaked. She instantly looked my direction from the noise, we made eye contact.
"Didn't mean to spook you." I said sitting next to her,
"Are you spying on me?" She joked. "No, it's just-"
"It's what Benjamin?" She said staring into my eyes. I looked right into hers, her beautiful dark brown eyes.
I leaned in and kissed her on the lips, I pulled away. She looked confused, then pulled me into another kiss.
"Together." I said smiling, "huh" she said confused.
"We are together." I said, she smiled then leaned against my shoulder. I looked down and her eyes were closed, "You are finally mine." I said, then kissed her forehead and closed my eyes.

-the next morning-
Harpers pov:
I woke up, my head on Benny's shoulder. It was still early. I picked my head up, looked around, then rested my head back onto his shoulder. I fell back asleep.
About an hour later I woke up to boys giggling and a camera going off. I jerked my head up and saw that Benny's eyes just opened, "idiot. You woke the lovebirds up!" Ham said smacking yeah-yeahs head, "guys really?" Benny said in his raspy-morning voice. "Sorry." All the boys said, "breakfast is ready kids!" I heard the Timmons mom shout from underneath us, "ok well I'm starving let's eat!" Ham said as all the boys were already down the ladder, but Benny and I stayed put. "Harper." I heard Benny say, "yes?" "Are you scared to be a freshman next year? Like everythings new again." He said, "Umm well." I started, "yea i am a bit. I don't like change that much." "It's ok, I'll be there with you. Same with Jess and your other friends." I said hugging Benny, "thank you." "No problem." He said giving me a quick kiss on the cheek, "you missed." I said, he looked confused. "This better?" Benny said then he kissed me on the lips. "Yep. Now let's eat, I'm starving." I said getting up, Benny kissed me quickly before heading down the ladder to help me. We finally both made it down to the table where everyone else was eating, "so you down for the fair tonight?" Squints said, everyone else agreed. "Ok so we will play a game against Phillips again because he's been begging for a rematch, Harper you ok with that?" Ham said, "oh um yeah." I said looking at the plate with no food on in in front of me, i hope they crush Phillips. Just then I got an alert on my phone, blood sugar dropping. Really, right now? I looked at all the boys to see if they heard, luckily no one did. Except ham, he gave me a look, 'are you ok?' I smiled back at him. He went back to the conversation, I wonder if mrs Rodriguez told Benny about me. Does he need to know? Or should I let him figure it out- no that's never good. I'll tell him after Phillips's game. Perfect.

I thanked mrs Timmons for breakfast, asked ham to toss me my bag, kissed Benny bye, then went inside my house. My mom was home, why is she home early? "Mama? Are you ok?" I asked walkin towards her, "oh yes baby. I'm fine." She said, "your grandpa passed away." I started crying. I was heartbroken, my grandpa was the only thing that I had left of my dad. I couldn't visit him because he was sick in the hospital, he was my dads dad. He was also there when my father left us. Except he was in the hospital, we used to visit him frequently. But he had dimensia so it was hard for me to see him, my mom would visit him a lot. But I stopped a few months ago when he asked who I was, and why my dad wasn't watching me.
"Oh ok." I said running up to my room, I don't care about my foot. I don't care about anyone! Everyone I love just ends up leaving me, what if Benny does that? What if I'm just a summer fling?
I started crying again in the shower. Then I got ready for the game against Phillips, even though I wasn't playing I still wanted to be there. I was thinking if I should invite Jess, she was one of my close friends but then she left when her mom died. She came back a few months ago, but I have been caught up in the sandlot, I kinda forgot about her.
I might as well bring her, I haven't talked to her in awhile. Plus I won't be sitting in the dugout alone then. So I called her, she would be over in 10.
I called Benny to let him know I was inviting Jess, he was fine with it. So Jess and I walked to Phillips's field together.

-end of chapter-