twenty four

It had been a month since everything unfolded with the Upside Down and Hawkins Lab, and all the people involved had been forced into signing a waiver about them keeping the mystery of Hawkins silent.

Within the month, Flora bought herself a car, and wasn't the best at using it. Due to its modern model, Flora wasn't the most skilled at understanding what exactly she was trying to drive, which wasn't that big of a deal considering the most she did with it was drive the kids around Hawkins.

And now it was Christmas, the blonde abandoning  her skates for converse and a oversized knitted jumper. She'd been waiting with Nancy and Steve, chatting quietly until Jonathan Byers came into the Wheeler's house, ready to take Will home. This told Flora it was time for her to take Dustin and Lucas home too.

Entering the basement, Flora's brows rose at the scene in front of her.

"Dustin farted." Lucas was repeating  blowing the occasional raspberry.

Dustin rolled his eyes.  "Okay. Very mature, Lucas."

Jonathan nudged his brother affectionately. "Will, come on."

The younger Byers nodded, blabbing his things. "Bye, guys."

"Bye, Will."

"Bye, Flora." Both Byers said to her, Flora meeting Will officially throughout the past month and putting most of her hatred towards Jonathan aside.

"Bye, guys." Flora chuckled as she watched Lucas and Dustin play fight, Mike looking wistfully at what was once Eleven's bed inside the Wheeler residence.

"So, am I taking y'all home or not?"

Turns out she wasn't, so Flora made her way back upstairs, standing next to where Mrs Wheeler was finishing preparing the food.

"The boys aren't actually going home, so I'm gonna head out." She said to Karen, the older woman grinning with a crease in her brows.

"You know you can stay if you want."

"S'okay!" Flora chose as she began to leave, shouting a 'Merry Christmas!' to the boys, Nancy, Steve, and the remaining Wheelers.

Flora set out in her car, driving through the dark, snowy late evening. That didn't last very long, though, as her car jutted to a stop from what could only be due to the rocky ice.

And so Flora was stranded at the side of a road at night, arms crossed and glare blazing on her new car.

"Seems like Emery needs a ride!"

Flora's head snapped to the source of the voice, eyes locking onto a familiar boy: Eddie Munson.

Flora was not up for any bullshit waiting around, "I do." She walked to the other side of his van, climbing into the passenger seat and sighing in relief.

"It was so cold out there that I thought my tits were about to freeze and fall off." Flora complained, Eddie snickering at her words.

She watched as his eyes disconnected from hers, flickering down to the body part she had been referring to. He hummed, smirking and locking their eyes once more. "We wouldn't want that, now, would we?

"Nope," Flora muttered to herself, "Now drive, Munson, drive!"

Eddie cleared his throat. "So, I was heading for food, you mind if we stop there and I'll get you something?"

Flora denied the offer. "I don't mind, but I can buy my own food."

"M'kay." Was the only response she got, the boy focusing on the icy road and turning on the radio.