twenty seven

Flora and Steve exchanged a weary look, noticing the duo's approach. Billy seemed to be dressed as usual, however, Tommy was dressed as the Karate Kid.

"We got ourselves a new Keg King, Harrington." Tommy slurred, cheering loudly in Steve's face.

"Yeah, that's right!" Someone else jeered to Steve, Nancy rolling her eyes and leaving towards the punch bowl, where Carnelia was steadily getting more and more tipsy.

"Yeah. Eat it, Harrington."

Flora's eyes met a silent Billy Hargrove, lips twitching. "Billy, is It?" Flora began, smiling sweetly as a deception, "Can we talk, outside maybe?"

Tommy howled as Steve left, going to Nancy. "Is Flora hopping from one King to another?"

Flora scoffed up at Tommy, "You trying to claim you're called Flora these days or something? Because if my eyes are working correctly, you’re the one who's went from Steve to Billy."

Tommy only stormed off, knowing Flora's was right. Billy chuckled down at Flora. "Fiesty."

"You bet." Flora agreed. "Just give me two seconds and then we'll chat, 'kay?"

Before Billy could reply, Flora made her way to where Carnelia was downing shots like there was no tomorrow. "Hey Lia, I'm going to beat Hargrove up. Wanna watch?"

That gained Carnelia's attention, the girl leaving her alcohol to meet up with Flora, the duo now making their way to Billy.

"This is my cousin. Anyway, talk outside." Flora yelled over the music, pulling them outside and onto Tina's front lawn.

Billy smirked at Flora as the trio now stood outside. "So, what's up, Princess?"

"Don't call me Princess." Flora snapped back, "I just wanna talk about something  I was told today."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. It was that you tried to run over three boys in Ghostbusters costumes." Carnelia dramatically gasped at Flora's words, watching the interaction intensely.

Billy smirked again. "Call it target practice."

Flora had words in her mind, many of them, but instead of verbalising her thoughts she only did what she could. She punched him square in the nose.

The blonde boy recoiled, clutching his face. Flora had a wicked grin on her face, eyes narrowed.

"Those kids are my kids. So don't try anything ever again because I can pack more than just a punch."

Flora then turned on her heels, grabbing Carnelia and storming away from the party.

"That was awesome!" Carnelia yelled, awestruck due to Flora's actions.

"It was pretty awesome." Flora nodded in agreement, slowing her walk as she noticed a familiar car parked near Tina's House.

It was Jonathan's, the boy anxiously sitting in the drivers seat. Flora jokingly smacked the window, frightening the boy.

"You should go in, it's not even that bad. I'm only leaving because of Billy Hargrove. Tell Steve we're okay." Flora said to him, leaving with a laugh before he could reply.

The two girls were making their way back home, laughing loudly until a white van stopped beside them, the window rolling down to reveal a familiar face.

"Hey Emeries! Need a ride?" Eddie Munson's eyes flickered between the two blondes, a smirk on his face when his eyes locked with Flora's. His eyes, however, remained on Carnelia's for a longer time.

"Yeah, actually, we do."

At Flora's acceptance, Eddie leaned back, shouting into the back of his van. "Open the door!" And once the door was open, Flora saw Jeff alongside two other boys, who she assumed were Gareth and Grant.

"Hey, Jeff," Flora greeted as she began to climb inside, helping her tipsy cousin up afterwards. "Lia, go in the passenger seat. It actually has seat belts."

As carnelia did so, Flora popped her head next to Eddie's, whispering. "She's a little tipsy. She only downed half the punch bowl at Tina's party." She informed, grinning at the older boy.

Eddie raised an eyebrow, impressed, but saying nothing on the matter. "I hope you understand that I've just roped you two into coming to our show. We landed a gig for tonight at The Hideout, though we already play there on Tuesdays.

"Wait." Flora gasped, looking from Eddie to the other three boys in the back of the van. "You're in a band?"

"We're also Hellfire." One of the boys she hadn't met yet stepped forward, "I'm Gareth. Drummer." The boy had wild hair, looking poofy from slight curls. A noticeable thing was his sleeveless flannel.

"So you must be Grant?" The Emery girl then finished off, looking to the last member of the group. He nodded, curls framing his face.

"Right, that's enough talking. Everybody sit down!" Eddie yelled, revving his engine and preparing to drive. There were no seats in the back of the cluttered van, the boys simply sitting on the floor.

Gareth, who was also standing, gently grabbed Flora's wrist and brought her over to where the other two were sitting, looking curiously at her.

"I'm sorry, but is anyone else in shock that Flora fucking Emery is here in this van? Is this a hate crime in disguise?" Grant questioned with narrowed eyes.

Flora laughed. "No hate crimes here. And I've known Eddie for like, a year now so I think it's time I meet his friends. And bandmates. I can't believe Eddie Munson is in a band. What's it called?" Flora rambled on, doing so because of the three pairs of shocked eyes on her.

"Corroded Coffin." Jeff filled in, being the only one other than Eddie to have previously spoken to Flora.

Flora nearly screamed, instead grabbing Jeff's arm as her eyes glowed. "Middle School talent show! You guys!" She then turned to look at Eddie, who was driving and having his own conversation with Carnelia. "Munson, your hair used to be buzzed!"

"It did!" Eddie exclaimed back, "Does that mean you've also figured we danced at the Snow Ball back then, too?"

Flora held back another scream. "The Snow Ball! Oh my God, I remember it so clearly now!"

The girl rambled the rest of the way to The Hideout, now excited for her friends to perform. Carnelia barely spoke to anyone but Eddie, Flora immediately noticing her cousin's attraction to the boy.

The duo sat at a table in the venue, waiting eagerly for the boys to play on stage. In the room was a small crowd, managing something close to five drunks and two Emeries.

But that was okay for the boys of Corroded Coffin, as the Emery girls did not hesitate to cheer and clap at every song, dancing wildly to the upbeat metal songs played or the not-so-bad vocals from Eddie.

When the gig was over, Flora found herself in front of Eddie, overjoyed from the music. "That was amazing."

"Thanks. Do you remember what we said would happen today? The little agreement from Christmas?"