A Cry for Help

Veldora watches until the barrier explodes with a powerful shockwave, Veldora being in the center of it felt nothing. Concerned he watches me get blown back a couple of meters, landing on top of the lush hipokute herbs. My ears rang loudly, the magicules meanwhile transferred into my reserves, mixed with the hero's power and Veldora's leaking magicules becoming my own. It was to the point where I could reinforce a singular dimensional barrier around my skin, it's better than nothing.

Though I have the power to work with, my memories still have holes in them that I can't look into. The whole magic system is confusing, which is where Ciel will come to save me. Take it away!

<<Magicules are essentially atoms, their name deriving from magic and molecules. Creatures like monsters are innately based on the magicules, which is where they receive their powers and physical strength. The more magicules in an individual's physical form, tend to set in stone their ranking of a guild ranking system. Though magicule reserves do not automatically equal strength, power is determined by how you can use it. This is when skills conclude, that more skills, depending on ranking, common skills → unique skills → ultimate skills → ascended. The latter was never recorded, as the only ones that had it was, of course, the creator. The spiritual body to withhold and requirements were on the standing of literal gods.>>

Ah, thank you, Ciel. Every material that contains magicule energy or particles can be consumed by me, further speeding up my recovery. Meaning the several years' estimation did take into count my newfound abilities, probably not, I've got amnesia or what. Veldora, still in his dragon form, dramatically strikes a pose before turning into his human form. It was a tanned-looking built man with golden hair and eyes, that also bore a crazed face. He quickly jogs towards me, holding a hand out, and pulls me up onto my feet. He holds my hand and thanks me with a perfect salesman face, hey... I'll take advantage of that one day. Patting down myself, I clean off the dust on my clothes and motion him to follow me.

"What's the goal now?" he asks tilting his head.

Well considering it's been a couple of weeks since I've been in this damned cave with Veldora staying in here for an unbearable three-hundred years, we'll be leaving obviously.

"Leave this place, oh yeah Veldora?" he looks up at the mention of his name, "can you try to hold that aura, it's a little too much even for me at my current state."

Understanding this request, he poses in yet another dramatic position as he held in his aura. The constant waves of suffocating aura stop abruptly, though his facial expressions make it look uncomfortable. I gently touch his shoulder and asked if he was fine, he brushed it off lightly saying I worry too much. Though it seems it has been two thousand years (Veldora informed me) since the incident, midstep I was reminded of Milim, I snap my head towards him which startled him.

"What about Milim? How has she been..." I pleaded.

"I don't know what happened in the present ever since three hundred years ago, but she did go enraged and destroy the human kingdom," he replied panickily.

My subconscious paranoia resided, and I laid my hand on my chest in relief. At least she survived that encounter, I believe in her abilities, if she was able to survive that, she could grow even stronger. Remembering the family bond of all dragon relatives, I sent a very weak signal imbued with the essence of the void. It seemed like false hope to count on the signal to ever reach my target, especially being in a big cavern, but I'll grab onto the chance nonetheless.

Coming near a river bank, a pile of shells in the formation of bowls could be seen near the sides covered in sediments. Stopping our current progress, I command Veldora to bring out the most shallow shell he could find, he struggles while also getting his finger bit by the nasty piranhas. He yelps in surprise, his eyes are not accustomed to the camouflage skill the piranha has innately. Handing it to me, I take the chance to drink fresh water, it's safer considered the last time, I drank from a running river.