Growth and Realization

With a snap of my fingers all Orges including Velzard and I, teleported into the camp. Feeling the weird sensation of teleportation caused many incidentally to puke. Oops. Probably should've warned them, but oh well. Oh, the hobgoblins are doing great! From tents to huts, what an improvement. Of course, construction isn't that fast, but I can already see the structure and formations of actual homes. Giving them a clap, they turn around and flash a smile and a thumbs up. Goblins who are considered the lower caste of monsters have so much emotion and potential, that they get overshadowed by greater races so easily. It's kind of like a redemption arc, going against what the world gave them as fate. I mean, I kinda decided that with Veldanava, but that is beside the point. 

Going to where Kaijin and the dwarf brothers were, they already constructed a fairly sized warehouse, talent does come with speed. They were already working hard creating clothes for the goblins, what they had currently was too revealing. thankfully we've got that covered with our new recruits. I can see our small village reforming into a town, especially with the large numbers of the Orges that have recently arrived. 

Looking back at the Orges, they still look awfully awkward in their surroundings. It definitely isn't better than what their village was like. But as you could tell, with just a couple of hours how much progress they have already achieved, goblins seem to learn exceptionally fast, that might be the occurring thing that happens with magic-born individuals. Rallying the Orges up, I say, 

"Well, this is your new home! Many jobs are available, and people who know agriculture, the spots are open!" I said as a clapped.

"Uhh, are you kidding me? What kind of village is this, it doesn't even look fully developed." 

Velzard appears behind him with a dagger at his neck, 

"Do you want to say that again?.." she whispers as a chilling effect went through his spine.

"S-sorry, I didn't mean that. Please apologize for my unregulated behavior." he trembled while apologizing. 

Many pondered, how so many strong individuals are in such a weak and undeveloped village. That's when they voiced their opinion and question. 

"Oh, that's simple. They pledged their loyalty, so I protected them." 

What- it was that easy to sway the bias of basically a god? Well, that's something to definitely keep in mind. 

Deciding that having unnamed subordinates was a hassle, I named all ~500 Orges with my extremely creative naming skills. With all Orges glowing in golden light, when the pink-haired Orge came over, I named her, Shuna,

"From now on, you'll be my personal worker, errands and coercion will be your specialty."

The red-haired Orge was next in line, his aura was different than the others, there was a burning fire in his soul, his fighting spirit. Oooh, he will be perfect to be a general. 

"Your name is now Benimaru, you will be tasked in the army and training new recruits." 

A peculiar purple-haired Orge came into view, naming her Shion, she pleaded with me to give her the role of chef. All Orges/Kijin stopped in their tracks and turned pale, they motioned behind her with "NO" or "DEATH". Oh, so that's what I am dealing with, a person with absolutely no talent in the art of cooking. 

"Do you really?" She nodded yes frantically before I drop the bomb on her, 

"Oh, I wanted to give you the role of secretary, but oh well." Using the strategy of giving them a higher role, they of course did a full 180 and accepted my offer. All Orges did a doubletake and sighed in relief, Shion who had no idea what was happening looked confused, while people smiled awkwardly at her. She cautiously moved out of the way and joined her other Kijin friends.

Another Orge, special from the rest of the crowd was an elder Orge, he had the aura of a cold killer with a refined spirit. A sword saint, how surprising. We definitely struck gold with this subordinate, naming him Hakoru I sent him to teach swordsmanship to all available fighters who were at least proficient. 

With the crowd dispersed and working, business was booming, but that also brought the attention of Human countries, especially Blumund and their guild master. 

Milim at this point woke, unfortunately, she was a Demon Lord, so she had to go do her obligated duties. Shedding a tear, she embraced me for a long while, before I had to forcefully pry her off of me. I was one of the only things she has that directly connected her to her father. I am no person to stop her advancements. A Kijin who overheard her proclamation told me some info regarding Demon Lords, 

"Demon Lord Milim already has her own country, since she proclaimed that she was going to protect this territory, the balance of power will cause a ruckus and drama.."

How boring, if any demon lord tries messing with my home, they will experience the most painful death, thanking him, I put the information to the back of my mind. Nothing to worry about, if any demon lord makes any move against me, they wouldn't be strong enough, to begin with. 

What was currently on my list were plumbing and agriculture, sending workers to chop down trees for wood and for more to venture down into the caves to mine for ores. I wasn't as worried about their safety as they were, pretty sure I already killed all monsters that resided there. Being sanitary and advanced in technology is something I am putting as my number one priority. The army and training will be for Hakoru and Benimaru to deal with. I have high expectations considering their spirit and experience. 

Veldora was seen playing with pebbles near the river, while Velzard was overlooking the village while giving judging looks. If she wanted to help, I would be no happier than to let her go wild, of course to some extent.  Myrd the dwarf who doesn't speak seemed proficient in everything he does, like a savant. I'll leave the works of plumbing to him, sewers and clean water will be implemented very soon. 

A howl sounded near evening, the hunting party partnered with hobgoblins, they dropped off a mountain pile full of meats and fruits. This can last us for about 4 days, it's definitely sustainable, but the ever-changing ecosystem and habitats of animals are definitely something we have to keep in mind. As spring is starting to come around, it's the perfect time to start growing crops and get ourselves a more sustainable food source, unlike hunting and gathering. Trade relationships and merchants are something we all need, I won't have to branch out like many are thinking, the disappearance of Veldora's waves of the destructive aura has stopped, since I taught him how to keep it to himself, unlike his very nature. I know it's uncomfortable, but he'll have to deal with it for now. 

The human countries Falmuth and Blummund will definitely come to seek out answers and new territory, not something I worry about, but an opportunity. Flashbacks starts paining my mind. How the humans killed my brother and my sister-in-law, I know that the actions of their human ancestors were not something that present-day humans did, that itself is obvious. But regret and resentment against the human race did not go unnoticed by me deep down. Things will be different this time, my family and I will be safe.