We finally meet

(A/N) I am back from my hiatus, I want to create longer and higher-quality chapters with more intricate details. So it won't be daily anymore, since I don't have time to chuck in 7 hours to write.

Rigurd frantically knocked on my door as I sleepily open it. Met with a panting Rigurd, he worriedly explains about the human intruders found in the forest, they sent out the goblins and wolves to apprehend the intruders.

I wouldn't necessarily say that they were intruding, according to the reports, they were a mile away currently going towards the path where Veldora was sealed. Walking out and putting on a black coat from the cloth hanger, before stretching and breathing in the fresh air. I could see fully armed and armored Hobgoblin and Kijins soldiers going through army drills and BootCamp, they'll be strong and refined in no time at all. Especially with the teachings that Hakuro provides.

Those who were on patrol duty halted gave me a salute and continued with their duties. How surprising, I never taught them that, this gave me an ego boost, continue as before, please! Rigurd's troops gather out before calling forth their wolves and they speed towards the "intruders" As said before, not really to be honest...

Ranga sensed this happening, he started wagging his tail inside my shadow. Not that I wouldn't know, the wind that came from it uprooted a nearby tree, as I fall flat onto the ground. He jumps out of my shadow and exclaims surprised,

"Master!"

sigh

Following the Hobgoblin riders and Ranga, who was in front as the leader. Wagged its tail in excitement and pride, trying to show off in front of Rimuru, which he found very amusing, the neighboring riders chuckled at his antics, which promptly made Ranga growl, shutting them up real quick. Rigurd ran up to me from behind panting, his muscles glistening with sweat as Goblinas nearby cat-called him, he's been working hard on his training, as Goblin Overseer and one of the generals who Benimaru recently promoted in the Tempest Army. It's a start of the army, not fully developed, but to the point where we're on par with the human armies in Blummund. He hands me a fully ripened Fuji that was grown from the pre-existing apple farm near our village, the Goblins delved into growing trees that bear fruits, but not vegetables... they did believe that trees grown by oneself gave them the protection of the Spirits and Dryads that reside in Jura Forest. I thanked him with a smile and threw it in the air before catching it, he waits impatiently as I continue our walk before finally taking a bite into the apple, breaking the suspense as dramatic music seemingly plays in the background.

I wasn't sure how to react I won't lie, it tastes like any other apple. It's good, better than the ones they mass sell at the booths in the cities. Not sure why everyone had such high hopes, but to make amends with their broken hearts, I smile before exclaiming,

"It's delicious! Good job Rigurd, go on with cultivating more fruits and vegetables that you find!" I point knowingly.

Rigurd overreacts, crying in joy as he talks about how great I was, and the wisdom that I had given him. Not to burst his bubble, but it was basic instructions that any survivalist would follow instinctively, it did stroke my ego, however, so I ain't complaining. I continue my short journey deeper towards the forest near the man-made path created by the adventurer guild. Rigurd quickly runs off towards a group of Hobgoblins, relaying my instructions wholeheartedly, giving them stern looks to never mess up a mission given by their lord, me. I laugh it off internally, he is passionate about his work, and I respected the hell out of him for that.

The surrounding wolves in our patrol shared telepathic messages, sending off more updates and alerts, and strategizing/brainstorming what to do, in certain situations with our said "intruders." They seem quite passionate and hardworking too, I'll have to reward them with a day off someday, workaholics aren't necessarily pretty after a while. After a short while, I finished my apple, throwing the core into a nearby bush, we seemed to have made it near to our final destination. Through the many trees and bushes, the four humans, including Shizue were halted by the Hobgoblins that were there before calling backup A.K.A the current arriving group, and I.