River

I walked to my own company where the only worth of it is to earn money essential for life to continue.

Today, I am different. I feel different. Just like the previous exhaustion exhibited by myself, today had a bumpy and tiring start. The only difference, however, is how I feel. Something feels different within. Every fibre of me wants to stay in my bed.

Anyways, I still had to get to the company.

The demotivation really kicked in, I thought. It really had a strong effect on me. Not rushed, I dragged myself into the company building. There, we make commercials for other companies. I wonder if we would ever get Depression n Co.'s.

When I got to the elevator, I realised that something wasn't right. The mood was terrible and the atmosphere was tense.

Something in my eyes felt tickling.

As I wondered what it was, my eyes had drowned itself and the tear reservoir exploded into a great stream of river. A massive tsunami of pure, unexplained sadness hit upon my unguarded seaside village of ego.

This is what crippling depression feels like.

"Good morning, Niemand." One of my colleagues, whom I couldn't remember his name, sipped his coffee slowly, "You're late."

"Sorry." I put my stuff down, and darted into the loo, trying to stop this excessive Mississippi river flow that washed away half of New Orleans. It wouldn't stop, as that waterway just upgraded into Yangtze River that annually turns its coast into an active aquarium.

This all continued until someone called me out, as I finally ceased crying, successfully preventing me from creating a Pacific Ocean.

"Niemand Keiner. Mr Nullus wants to see you."

So I pulled myself out of the blueness and tried to reorganise myself, only to find out that the attempt resulted in no avail. Then, helplessly, I started my way to my boss' office.

The aisle leading there was rather long. People in suits, both men and women, stared at me for not being "normal". I wished I didn't care, but I somehow did.

I knocked on the glass door of my boss, "It's Keiner."

"Come in."

Slowly opened the door, I crept inside quietly, trying not to agitate any unnecessary moods.

However, the boss seemed like he was troubled with something else. He sighed, and spoke,