Conversation

"You have depression, right?" was Mr Nullus' first sentence.

"Yes." I could accurately say so.

"And you have had so since months ago, right?"

"Yes, sir." I have been making a deal with Depression n Co. since months ago, indeed.

"I called you in to tell you, this is the twentieth consecutive time that you have come in late. Have you visited a therapist or psychologist?"

"No," I'm not planning on doing so, "no, sir. I'm not mad."

"I'm not saying you're mad, just suggesting that you really should do so. It would improve your life, and your work."

I see what this is all about, "Did you call me in to warn me about my behaviour? But you do understand that I have depression and can't help with my own life, right?"

"Close." Mr Nullus shook his head, "Due to several concerns, I'm afraid, Keiner, that I would have to fire you for the better performance of the company overall." 

"F- fire?" The word hit my brain blank, as the sound of Mr Nullus echoed through my ears.

"Yes, unfortunately."

"But-"

"You can't always use depression as an excuse, there are others that deserve to be paid the same as you. I have already been generous for months," said Mr Nullus.

I nodded. 

"Fine."