Don't Go (original ending)

The door opened with a flourish. Flicking the lights on, the Photographer removed his shoes and placed them on the side. The Sniper followed suit, positioning his shoes a few lengths away from his. "I'll be right back." These were the last words the Photographer said before dashing off.

Loosening his tie, the Sniper took it as a chance to look around. He slowly walked along the corridor, taking in the layout.

It was a dainty studio, and it seemed to match the Photographers aura quite well. He eyed the decent-sized couch and the noticeably compact kitchen. It's a weird setup, but overall, it seemed perfect for a man living alone. "Not bad.." The Sniper said quietly to himself before peeking into the only open room.

In the room the Photographer ran into, you can hear clattering and all kinds of movements. There was a quick pause before he noticed the Sniper peeking in. He turned and grinned from ear to ear with a camera in hand. " If you'd like, I can show you how it works." The Photographer began to walk toward him, his eyes never leaving his camera.

At the doorway, the Sniper was in disbelief. Lying on his walls were cameras scattered about; frames and aisles also decorated the room. The Photographer was too busy looking at his camera to catch on. "This bad boy here is the Canon EOS R5." The Photographer said excitedly, as he flipped the camera back and forth.

Once he noticed his rambling, the Photographer realized that the Sniper hadn't said a word since the moment he stepped into the room. That's when the Photographer caught the expression on his face—almost waiting for a response.

"So this is what you meant when you said 'shooting equipment.'" The Sniper's mood now remained somber. How much time has he wasted up until this point?

"What do you mean..?" The shorter man questioned, not entirely sure what else it could've possibly meant.

"Hah, forget it. Now, what were you saying?" Unclenching his jaw, the Sniper almost broke character before realizing what he was dealing with.

The Photographer felt patronized in a way. He wanted to continue explaining, but something was off.

"Hm?" The Sniper brought back his attention.

It was enough to catch the Photographer off guard, "Oh, right!" He placed the camera back down before grabbing the Sniper's attention once more, "How about I make some dinner first? It's quite a long story, and I doubt you'll find it entertaining." Was the Sniper not satisfied with what he saw? As much as the Photographer felt betrayed, it wouldn't feel right to kick him out because of it.

The Sniper leaned against the doorway, crossing both of his arms. The shift in the Photographer's mood made him realize he said more than he should've. "I'm quite alright, don't worry about me." 

The Photographer lightly shoved him out, "No, no. I insist!" Closing the door behind him, the Photographer dragged the man by the arm and into his living room.

The Sniper decided to play along, he knew he should've left then and there, but he was a guest after all.