I Told You So

Even though he wanted to linger here longer, something told him that he was better off wrapping things up. Now, he is a man of his word, but luckily he hadn't made any verbal agreement yet. Reaching into his pocket, he checked his phone and his eyes widened slightly once he checked the time. He didn't realize how late it had gotten; the day is usually slower when he's out alone. He hesitated, but then his reasoning to leave only made it so much clearer. "Actually, I really have to go. Thank you for inviting me in." Giving him a quick bow, he turned his heel and began heading for the door.

On the other hand, the Photographer was more inclined to keep him here. He usually never gets visitors, so this was a rare occasion. Putting his pan down, the Photographer tried to stop him from leaving. "You should wait till the rain clears, at least." To others, he may have sounded worried, but deep down, he also wanted the Sniper to change his mind.

"Rain?" The Sniper turns his head back to look at him in slight confusion. Weird, it's been an hour or so from the pub to his house, and there wasn't a single drop of rain thus far. " It's fine." He waves it off. Reaching the door, he slips his shoes back on, only to hear the scurries of another man's feet. "If you lived here long enough, you should know how unexpected the city's weather is!" The Photographer followed him just as he reached the door. He may have had some truth to his words but the Sniper would be able to handle it. To make matters worse the words he uttered was the cherry on the cake,

With a tired sigh, the Photographer grabbed his arm. "Hah. Are you dumb?" The words made him flinch. Even though the Sniper couldn't see his face, he wondered how severe it must be for these words to be said to him. He took a quick breath in hopes of calming himself down.

Hearing the words come out of his mouth quite possibly irked him, he reminded him of someone he used to know. Has the man finally lost it? The Sniper slowly rose up while his eyes were still etched on the door. "Right. You can let go now." He said in a sarcastic tone before placing his hand on the doorknob— not to mention that it wasn't even locked. If he were his target, it would've been an easy job. Luckily he isn't even on his radar.

Opening the door, the Sniper stepped outside. Removing a hand from his pocket, he opened his palm out, expecting a drop of rain. But to his surprise, he felt nothing. "For someone I just met, you have a habit of worrying too much." The Photographer gave him a worried look as if he damned himself right there and then. The Sniper took a few more steps and felt a raindrop hit his head. Then another, and another, and..by this point, all hell went loose. The sky quickly darkened, and he was immediately surrounded by rain. The Sniper stood there, drenched and in disbelief. His hair stuck to his face, and his clothes clung to his damp skin.

Turning around, he was met with the Photographer hurriedly going down the steps to give him an umbrella. Grabbing onto his arm, the Photographer gave him a look. "See, I told you! Now, look what happened, Mr.I-do-what-I-want." He said mockingly, which was enough to make the Sniper look the other way. Being dragged back inside, the Photographer closed the door once more and reached for the towel he left near the door.

He got on his tippy toes and dropped a towel on the Sniper's head, "But, no. Since I'm better than everyone, I won't listen to good advice." The Photographer continued his rant as he began patting the Sniper's  hair down. Once he was satisfied with the results, he pulled the towel down just enough that it had the Sniper's face mere inches away from him. "Are you happy? Did you get what you wanted?" The Sniper pulled his head back in slight embarrassment, not expecting him to get that close.

Grabbing the towel for himself, he moved away from the Photographer. "Yea, now I get to stay longer and hear your yapping. Lovely." Looking over his shoulder, the Photographer buried his head in his hands, possibly reeling in from what he had just done.

The Sniper turned his head back around, trying to locate his bathroom. "Can I use your bathroom? And possibly any spare clothes." He started shimying off the tie on his neck, and placed it on his shoulder.

"On your right. You can't miss it." The Photographer pointed over, forgetting the Sniper's back was turned towards him

"Gotcha.." He hummed quietly, not having a clue what he meant. The Sniper fully expected him to show him the way, not the other way around. As time passed, the Sniper's formality slowly lessened with each interaction he had with the Photographer. Even without knowing his name, he felt more..relaxed for some reason.