● Tiny Insecurities

2 years ago

Being in love is probably the best feeling ever and if you had seen Aarohi Goenka those days you wouldn't have taken a negative for that answer . Where was that solemn ,serious, doctor gone ? And in her place came this chirpy, ever smiling version of herself?
Well! To the rest it might be a mystery but Aarohi knew herself -the reason behind her smiles these days and it was none other than her Didi's devar .
Yes, Neil Birla .

Who could have thought that the ever ambitious Dr. Goenka would fall in love with the judagu Neil. But Aarohi had no worry about it . For once in her life she was perfectly happy . She was happy with Neil , happy with his lame jokes or his not-really-nice sense of humor , happy when he called her 'My chipkali'

But if anyone asked how did she fall in love , she probably had no answer. She had always thought the Neil hated her , after all she had done to his beloved brother and sister-in-law. But his love confession , one sudden day had changed their dynamic. She had not accepted him at once , of course she hadn't. She had always dreamt of marrying a surgeon. But then she saw Neil - Neil with his easy going smile , Neil understanding her flaws , Neil forgiving her every mistakes and that's when her heart betrayed her mind .

And thus one fine evening, after they had retired from their day's work in the hospital , she said those words . Carefully measured and eloquently uttered .
"I love you , Neil" .
And if you were there and had seen Neil's face and all the joy it held , you would connect it the joy in a child's face winning a gold medal. His smile reaching his ears , like he had heard the best thing he would hear.
They had decided to let that remain a secret for sometime before they disclosed it to their family. To familiarize with each other before familiarizing with the families .

But now it was all done . Their families knew about them , and accepted them .
What shocked her most was when Manjiri aunty had lovingly placed her hands on her cheek " I am too happy that you are coming to our family ,beta.
After a doctor son , I am now getting a doctor daughter."
Her eyes had teared up after hearing that . The lady was too kind .
Akashara's happiness knew no bounds . She had squealed and hugged her sister

" Aaaruuuuuu......I can't believe we will be staying in Udaipur that too in the same house forever..."

Vansh was happy that his sister ended up with his friend rather than some stranger. And Kairav looked at his sister's face , all gleaming and happy , and he couldn't be happier. The elders, had at started looking for wedding dates. When objected Manish had firmly replied " beta , good things mustn't taken long time ".

All in all everyone was happy, everyone except for one Abhimanyu Birla. He started accusing her of trapping his brother.
Their relationship would never get better.

Mind filled with these thoughts, Aarohi turned up towards her not-so-favourite brother-in-law's cabin, to submit some reports. There she stopped. From the small gap where the door was left open she could see and and hear the conversation of the one's inside.
" Were you out of your mind !" She heard Abhimanyu Birla shout .

" Neil that girl almost killed our mother . You know the things she had done with Akshu . How could you, Neil.
I am telling you , step out of this marriage.."

This was regular, Abhimanyu accusing her . But what shocked her was that Neil stood there silently.
Will he leave her ? Would she be again left standing at the altar ?
She was scared. But wasn't it Neil who claimed to love her ? He knew her faults back then . He had said that she was changed .
Aarohi sighed as she turned away from the door.
Uff! Her and her tiny insecurities.

A note from author : For a novice author like me your comments and wishes would surely be an encouragement.