Act IX: Club Fight

Y/N's POV

Y/N's POV

Considering all of the time I've spent back at home, there were a lot of happy, sad, and dull moments. From the time where I had first sat in the cockpit of my grandfather's warbird and when I found out I finally got selected for Top Gun.

But there was the time when I wanted to forget the most... Fox... He was the bestest friend that I could ever ask for and now he's gone. Even though he may be gone physically, his soul and stories live on.

Seeing that I cannot let his death go in vain, I have to live on no matter how tough life gets and I knew he'd want me to kick ass up there.

"Father, I've made my decision," I said to him and he nodded.

"I already understand what you want and remember, I'll be here waiting for you." He replied to me.

Turning around, I head down the stairs back to the living world where my friends and family are waiting for me. Looking back one last time, I go through the gateway.

"Good luck, son... You're gonna need it."

Suddenly, my vision gets blinded by a bright light and I wake up on a hospital bed. Strangely, my body felt perfectly fine as if I had never crashed. Taking off the respirator device on my mouth and the cast covering my legs and arms.

The nurse came to check on me and he was shocked to see me in pristine condition and rushed to calm me down.

"Captain, are you alright?! Please, you've just woken up from a coma." He said to me.

"Don't worry, I feel better than new," I assured him and he sighed.

The nurse gets the doctor to come to check up on me and was also baffled at how fast my wounds healed. Seeing no reason to keep me here, he discharged me from the hospital and I was back to normal.

My phone had somehow survived the crash despite it being in my pocket during the collision, so it was still usable. Dialing my mother's phone number and I gave her a call.

"Y-Y/N?! Are you okay?!" She asked me and I chuckled.

"I'm better than new, Eomma, what I miss?" I asked her.

"Aish, you're such trouble sometimes... You didn't miss much, Long Caster and the Command Structure are still trying to figure out where those UAVs and Ballistic Missiles have come from. Until then, the whole base is on high alert and they advised us to be ready for a sortie at any time. Kazuha though... I'm not certain." She explained to me and I sighed.

Thanking my Eomma, I said goodbye before hanging up, next, I tried calling her phone but she wasn't answering making me think that she has dance practice or something.

However, I got another phone call from Kai. Guess the news of me regaining consciousness has gotten out fast.

"H-Hey, Captain!" He greeted me.