Act XI: Emperor of the Skies

Y/N's POV

Y/N's POV

Right after I got done pursuing Chandra and Long Caster about my suggestion, I head to the USS Abraham Lincoln at the docks in Busan where the newly developed F-14E Super Tomcat is kept. It wasn't exactly easy to say the most but in our current desperate situation, they had no other choice but to accept.

Driving all the way to the aircraft carrier, I boarded the ship and followed boarding protocols from requesting permission to come onboard from the Officer of the Deck and saluting the US Flag.

Everything was going smoothly as I had hoped until...

"Oh... No! No! No! Captain, you're out of your God damn mind! This is still only a prototype and we don't even know if it's truly combat-ready for the field!" One of the engineering officers warned me.

"But I already flew it and I can tell it's indeed ready for the skies! Plus there's no other aircraft like it in our inventory. Mister X can easily shoot down any aircraft in our inventory no matter how skilled our pilots are with that advanced fighter in his hands." I argued with him and he sighed.

"Oh, dear... Why am I even trying? Fine, have it your way but don't blame me if something goes wrong. In fact, I'd like to add some tweaks to it before you can fly it." He replied to me and I nodded.

Suddenly, I got a call from Long Caster, answering my phone and asking him what he needed. The intel he provided me shocked me as we had figured out Mister X or Mihaly's current location and coordinates.

Based on the distance, the fighter jets won't have enough fuel to reach the position of Mister X or make it back to land leaving us with no choice but to take the carrier. This will be interesting as EXO Squadron nor SISTAR Squadron has ever performed any carrier-based operations.

Not only that... The F-15E Strike Eagle and F-16 Fighting Falcon aren't exactly designed to take off or land on aircraft carriers since they have short runways and it's constantly in motion making it more dangerous and difficult to land and take off.

So how the hell are they coming along in the mission? Simple will have to make some rough modifications. Normally, it would take a whole-ass redesign in both aircraft to fully make it carrier-based in order for the operation to succeed but time is one of the things we lack.

At first, the others were against the idea but after many flying tests and trial and error, we had settled on a design that has the F-15E and F-16 have their engines modified and reinforcing the tailhook to catch the wires along with many other modifications.

It's not the best nor the safest design but it will have to work, once we had lifted the aircraft onto the Abraham Lincoln, we set off to the ocean as the tugboats assisted the carrier to exit the docks safely.

"So, this is what it's like to be on a carrier, sweet," Kai commented and I chuckled.

"Oh please, just wait until we get to the mission. That's most the thrilling part." I replied to him.