6. Royalty

"mm..s..stupid princes." Riyah slurred still asleep in Henry's arms cutely nuzzling his face to the prince he was sleep insulting's neck.

The dragon shifting blonde continued to snore softly as he was carried to a horse and propped backwards on the saddle so he was safely pressed between the steed's head and Henry's body. Henry smirked slightly as he mounted the horse and steadied the sleeping teen so he wouldn't fall before pulling at the reigns and heading off toward the cave above head.

' Despite me just seeing him turn into a dragon I still can't see him hurting anyone. This is a very strange protective feeling I shouldn't be feeling for a monster/stranger I just met. I must be loosing my mind.'

Henry thought amused and bewildered by his emotions as he gently nudged his horse to go faster up a steeper hill as they climbed up and up the snowy cliffs to reach the dwelling of a certain injured blonde. The snow was thick and treacherous as the horse struggled to reach the zenith of the mountain where the cave opening sat. As the sun rested halfway in the dull grey sky it graced beams of white light almost obscured by clouds to shine down guiding the path. Henry followed this light carefully making sure Riyah didn't fall as the horse swayed and bucked trying to navigate it's way through the icy terrain.

Finally making it to the top he gracefully hopped off the horse and tied him to a nearby tree. He patted the beautiful brown coated mustang, whom he had named Hazelnut as a child, lovingly on the snout. Hazelnut made content huffing noises in response before directing his attention to a few blades of grass poking out of a snowy patch of land.

" Good boy. I will be right back."
The prince assured the animal before tugging Riyah back into his arms and over his shoulder as he strode inside the cave of the currently passed out boy.

Henry was very surprised by how organized the inside looked.
From candles scattered around on the cold stone floor casting a nice comforting orange light around the large space to the makeshift bed and other supplies he used to live off of.

'My god. He must have been here a long time. I wonder."

The prince's mind drifted as he slowly lowered the sound asleep teen onto his straw founded bed. He set him down on the old worn sheets that covered the prickly hay and then stood there looking down at him thinking something was missing. A blanket.
Henry took off the expensively thick furred jacket he was wearing and carefully laid it over the shivering body.

'Yes it's official I'm tucking In a total stranger...damn I'm going crazy.'

Henry thought to himself disbelievingly as he took one last look at the ornately lit cave before turning and walking out from where he came.

The brunette straightened the pointed golden crown atop his head and untied his horse.

He stood there for a moment overlooking the gorgeous view as the sun began to retreat behind the fluffy grey clouds. Henry could see his castle nestled parallel to where he stood across the village on the other side. The white Italian marble towers stretched up towards the sky with pointed obsidian tips and the rooftops were layered In matching white snow. A backdrop of blue mountains that faded into the distance behind it was interconnected to the surrounding tall silver powdered pine trees that spanned the winter decorated cliffs.

The very large building looked so out of place above a village with much smaller homes and the people living in poverty below. The castle was cold and unforgiving in its distant beauty on top of it's tall mountain. Even from where he stood, which was miles and miles away, he could picture his father sitting on his elaborate throne inside the castle's confining walls surrounded by the gold coins he loves much more than his own child and people.

Henry shivered and looked away seeing the image of his father's piercing rusty brown eyes glaring right through him in disappointment.

" Come on Haze. Let's go." He said more to himself than to his horse as he swung his leg over and made his way down the cliff now more familiar with the hazardous landscape.

He was royalty after all. Prince Henry has to return back to the castle he hated.

Henry muttered curses under his breath at going back to the suffocating facade of overdramatic royalty. 

'Being royal isn't all parties and amazing food..I wish.'

The prince would have liked it to just be the food.