13. Fools

Hello everyone!! I'm sorry again for the long wait. I take time to revise and edit my chapters so it takes longer. The song is by Troye Sivan who is an amazing Youtuber and singer. Check him out. So anyways! Here is the latest chapter of Outcast! Hehe. There will finally be some hinted romance and funny moments! (Lots of funny moments) YAY.  Or maybe a little angst hehe! Who knows? Thank you all so much for reading, voting, and commenting. Keep it up!! ;)

-Eternal

_____________________________________________________________

    The sky was dark by the time Maya was finished retelling what she knew. All of what Henry had told her about Riyah's old life and how he used to act, leaving out the parts about his parents of course. Riyah could barely wrap his mind around it all. With so many questions twirling in his mind, It was all so much to take in at once, an overload of memories and actions he did not remember. 

" A dragon! Why would I be cursed? I'm immortal? Who did this? How does Henry know? Did I tell him? Why did this happen to me?" Riyah felt his heart thumping in his chest as endless questions slipped from his lips, his head hurting and pulsing with aches as he tried to pry through nonexistent memories for the answers he sought. His wide eyes looked like pretty pools of green swirling with confusion, anger, frustration, and despair as he clenched his fists at his sides. His blond hair was mess on top of his head, a fluffy bird's nest of silvery-gold that was as wild as the turbulent emotions that stormed through his heart. It was as if he had been reborn again as someone new, but with the same face, same body, same everything yet he could not piece together his past at all. Riyah's mind was now an empty slate with no more than the words of strangers to justify who he was before his accident. He was a puppet to form to anyone's will and although Riyah did not know his past- his intelligence still lingered.

Maya glanced up through her long lashes, big brown eyes having to look away as the guilt of the information about his parents she withheld ate away at her conscience. "I know you're scared Riyah but the memories will come back in time. Slowly, but they will I promise. For now I think you should take this chance to start over." Maya said, brushing strands of chocolate brown hair behind her ear, and looking back at the younger male with a serious expression. Riyah only narrowed his eyes with a sharp look and clenched his fingers harder into the fabric of his scrappy worn down pants. Then he stood up abruptly, overwhelmed with emotion.

" Start over? How can I start over when I feel like I know nothing! It's like my mind is blocked by walls that conceal my memories or like they are hidden in a locked box. I want to know. I want to know..who I was. So I need someone to either break down those walls or somehow I'm going to have to go find the key myself." Riyah said, his words cold and laced with determination as he stood up from the place where he had sat next to Maya and turned his back to her. He spoke into the silence after a long tense moment. "-Thank you both for helping me. I could have bled to death on the steps of this castle. But..how am I supposed to know to trust you? Did I trust you before?"

Glancing up and standing Maya smoothed the wrinkles in her long sunshine yellow gown, always needing to busy her hands, as she faced the back of the miserable boy in front of her.

"You trusted him." Maya corrected, a small twitch of a smile playing on her lips, trying to lighten the heaviness in the air. "I barely ever saw Henry in these past few months. He was always making excuses to go and see ya' up on that damn mountain." Her voice started to mimic Henry's silky tone as she waved her hands dramatically. " Riyah needs some blankets! Riyah needs some food! Riyah needs, Riyah needs, Riyah needs!~" Maya couldn't help but giggle towards the end of her playful mocking of the prince. Riyah spun around, his pale face flushed as he heard how much Henry had doted on him.