11. Unknown

( I heard that you all like Maya so here you go!! She's definitely the most fun to write. Anyways, thank you for all the comments i've been getting. I am desperately trying to improve. Keep in mind this story was only meant for practice and to be short before haha. That's why the first few chapters are shorter. I remember being super surprised when I saw how many of you amazing people liked and read it! I thank you all for that. I'm sorry the chapters are so far and few but I have been very busy. I will try and update as much as I can but stay reading please. Comment and Vote if you want more. I will try and make the chapters longer. This one will be long )

___________________________________________________________________________

 'This is unfair!'  Maya thought stubbornly, her rose tinted lips pursed in aggravation as she tapped her heeled foot against the white marble floor of the palace infirmary. Her long sunshine yellow peasant dress  billowing around her slender ankles as the arched open window, being slightly ajar, let the chilled wind and cloudy rays of the sun slip through. The fiery teen's dark curtain of thick black-brown hair draped down her exposed milky white shoulder as her gold flecked-brown eyes narrowed. Maya stomped her foot down once more and huffed, blowing strands from her flushed cold nipped face. 

" How come I can't see the boy who you can't stop obsessing over! Henry Kingston Lancaster,you know what happens when I don't get my way." Maya demanded and put both her calloused work scarred hands on her hips, commanding the Prince, the only one who could do so without jail time or death. The benefits of so many years of childhood memories behind her, so she was practically invincible. 

The said Prince who was being ordered rolled his eyes, crossing his arms and shaking his head.

" The answer is no." Prince Henry said in finality, standing in front of the much shorter eighteen year old and looking down at her through his lashes. He blocked the entrance to the medical wing where Riyah lay unconscious in one of the beds. Maya had insisted she see the injured boy after Henry's constant fretting over what had happened. How could she not? Henry barely ever cared about anything besides his horse,the future, and battle formations. Did she mention his horse? Maya saw him around that animal more than he was around people- and that had been starting to worry her.   So when a boy suddenly shows up injured and collapsed in her best friend's arms of course she's interested.

"Hah. Henry. I don't think I heard correctly. Was that a no? To the one who can divulge all you're deep dark dirty secrets from your oh so embarrassing childhood?~" The sing song voice that escaped from her lips made Henry's eyebrow twitch in annoyance his panicked gaze meet her taunting expression. 

"What stories? I obviously am perfect. Call me Prince Perfection." Henry retorted snarkily, chin tilted up in pride. 

Maya wiggled her pointer finger warningly clicking her tongue. "Tsk. Tsk. Well Prince Perfection, I remember this one time that you decided it would be fun to pretend you were taller and walk around in my heels. I think you were about ten years old and-" Maya was cut off by a silk gloved hand and a nasty glare by Prince Henry. 

" Enough. Say no more." Henry hissed and Maya grinned victoriously as his hand was pried away by her persistent fingers. She had somehow resisted the urge to be a child and bite his palm. 

"Like I said. I get my way." Maya said confidently smiling ear to ear as she stuck her tongue out.

"How old are we again? Sticking out your tongue? Really now." Henry's angry gaze softened in amusement and adoration for the spitfire woman as he laughed lightly. His mind wandered as he looked her over for a moment. Their past resurfacing through his memory, as if a story was unfolding as the cogs of his mind turned worn pages of the past years up until then.