Chapter 1

"Your highness, please come back as soon as possible!" The head maid said as I climb the horse.

"Relax, it's not like I'll be out the whole night" seriously, this old lady needs to chill.

"But still! You will infuriate his majesty, the king!"

"Nobody's gonna know! Unless you rat me out which you know will also get you in trouble hehe" oops! I shouldn't have said that. Now, she looks pale.

With a defeated sigh, she finally nodded her head.

"I understand, your highness. However, this will be the last time that I will cover up for your absence. After all, it is your father's birthday"

"Yay! You're the best!" After she stopped opposing, I finally left.

The capital looks bustling. With banners everywhere, lively music playing and kids running around. It looks like a fiesta!

But what's the occasion? It's none other than the King's birthday. It was decided that it will take at least two weeks to celebrate and today, there is a ball in the palace.

Who would want to go there and dance while wearing uncomfortable dress and shoes than being here in the capital where you can feast on the food? Of course, I'd choose the latter.

I was peacefully chewing my food when someone grabbed my hood. What the heck?! Who is that rude person?!

I turned my head to see who it was and to my surprise, it was a young maiden.

"What do you think you're doing?!" I screamed angrily.

"I'm sorry, your highness but this peasant request to have a bit of your time" she let go of my hood as I faced her.

"Hah! You got the wrong person, bud!" I said still eating.

"I know you sneaked out of the palace" I stopped eating after she utter those words. This person is suspicious, could she be an assassin sent to kill me?

This is bad. Father will know that I sneaked out again and the head maid will be punished because of me. That's not the worse, they'll even forbid me to eat my cookie and have the knights to watch me carefully AND FOLLOW ME EVERYWHERE I GO! In addition, the people will doubt the safety of the kingdom and traumatized the kids here who will be able to witness a murder-

"I know what you're thinking but I'm not an assassin"

"....I don't know what you're talking about" I was just about to step away when she suddenly said my name.

"You're Princess Diwa Liwayway Maharlika, the troublemaker princess of the Maharlika kingdom" I'll just pretend I didn't hear that, it's not as if she's threatening me either way.

"Get lost" I walked past her and she suddenly knelt, getting the people's attention.

Are you stupid?! Can't you see I'm wearing a disguise!?

"Please, just a second!"

"Alright! alright! Now, let go!" She did and I pushed her to stand up.

This lad, are you that desperate so you have to blackmail me? This is getting me frustrated.

"Let's not talk here, follow me" I went to a restaurant and quickly rent a vip room.

"Now, tell me. Who sent you here and what do you want?" I stared at her sharply. Now that I'm observing her, she looks like a beggar.

"Your highness wouldn't believe me but I-"

"Ah! Shush! Just answer my question" if you think that you can persuade me with your pitiful story, then you're wrong.