Chapter 4

After a long disturbance, we finally finished signing up and was about to leave when I coincidentally met the maid who has spread the rumors about me. She's still crying.

I went closer to her after she was chained by the knights. Dalisay really doesn't have a single care on what's going to happen to her.

The knights left to eat. I guess it's time for their break time.

"You... you're the one who spread the rumor about me, right?" Which angered the lady that you serve.

I asked her after we got closer to her.

"N-no, I-it's not me" she's still sobbing trying to answer me.

"I'm not mad. I just want to know why you did that" she look at me while I can see her body tremble with fear.

"I-I'm sorry, your highness. I didn't do it out of hate. My lady, just kept on saying bad things about you when I know it isn't true. I-I was there. I can't stand people-"

"You should've just stayed quiet" I'm thankful and I think you're genuine but people like you cannot survive in this corrupt world.

"I can't understand. Why can't we be kind to each other?" It seems that you've been sheltered your whole entire life.

"You must be new here" the way she speak and her accent tells me that she's not from here.

"Do you want vengeance?" I asked her as she stares on the ground in deep thought.

"Do I? If I do that, then I'm just proving them that... I'm wrong" who are they? My instincts tells me that this person's background isn't simple.

"May I ask who are you?" Did the author want me to help this person? Did Adolpho planned this?

"Woah! Why are you staring at me like that?" Did I made it obvious?

"Nothing" I turned my back on him as I look at the maid.

"My name is Bituin and I'm from a small clan of doctors who live in seclusion" I knew it. This kid doesn't know how the world works.

I think I've heard the royal physician mention a small community of doctors who lives in seclusion. He said that those people have insane talents on healing someone and that they're also known for being so aggressively hostile to strangers. I never thought I'd meet someone from that clan.

"What is someone like you doing here?" It's surprising to meet someone from that clan who has no prejudice against outsiders.

"I tried sneaking in an injured outsider which is against the rules thus leading to my banishment" how cruel to kick someone out just because they want to save people?

I thank you for answering my questions but did no one warned you that you shouldn't trust a stranger? You're too nice.

I also think that the "proving them I'm wrong" she mentioned earlier, means that her ancestors don't trust people out of their clan. Probably because of their past experiences towards an outsider. Meanwhile, Bituin here, wants to prove them wrong but I think she already realize that the mistaken one here, is her.

"I still can't believe that the person I've chosen to trust, will be so willingly to cast me away" aren't you suppose to be done there? You're supposed to be at the stage of realization-she finally stop glancing at the floor and look at me.

The looks she gave me is not a sympathetic one but one full of displeasure.

A kind hearted person like her is one of the most hardest to deal with. It seems that I'll have to entertain our bully for a long time~