EPISODE 8: EMOTIONLESS

EXT. BALTIMORE CITY- SIDEWALK- MORNING

Kent is going for a jog. Headphones in his ear as he runs. He has flashbacks of what Tammie said to him.

He begins to run faster then he has flashbacks of his Dad when he moved out. He stops running and becomes frustrated.

KENT- Fuck! Get your shit together Kent Davis.

INT.DEANDRE HOUSE LIVING ROOM - MORNING

Kent has got finished jogging and comes into the house.

DEANDRE- How was your run?

KENT- It was a run.

DEANDRE- it's like six in the morning.

KENT- I always run around this time less people are out and it sets the tone of my day.

DEANDRE- "Sets the tone of your day" You're like the most put together kid I ever met well after Taylor but like you know what I mean.

KENT- Yeah I'm not feeling very put together right now.

DEANDRE- So how are you feeling?

KENT- I feel like, I'm confused confused about everything in my life. I don't even know who I am.

DEANDRE- you're seventeen no one knows who they are at seventeen, some days I don't even know who I am. It changes all the time.

KENT- I'm sure your birth didn't make your parents break up.

DEANDRE- Look I don't know much about your Dad besides the NBA stuff but Tammie I grew up with, and trust name your parents would of broken rather you were born or not. 

KENT- How do you know that? It's like this Coach all this time I thought they ruined me but maybe I ruined them.

DEANDRE- Kent you can't blame yourself for them.

KENT- They broke up the day I was born. The day. That's like being a jinx at another level.

DEANDRE- They have their own shit that unfortunately you don't know about but trust me it's not your fault.

KENT- how can I not think it was my fault if everything  was fine until I got here. I literally ruin everything I come in contact with.

DEANDRE- Do you not understand what you have done Neal and Taylor?

KENT-  Neal and Taylor life would be the same without me. I didn't change anything.

DEANDRE- You sure about that?

KENT- Have they not been best friends their entire life?

DEANDRE- I'm not talking about that.

KENT- Then what are you talking about?

DEANDRE- You're more important than you know K.

KENT- I guess.

Kent goes upstairs.

INT. NEAL/KENT ROOM - NIGHT

A medium sized room with white walls and two beds on both sides against the wall. Neal sleeps on the left side of the room peacefully.

KENT- Neal how can you sleep so easily?

NEAL- (wakes up)We'll it can't be that easily if you're talking to me.

KENT- I just don't get how you're so calm after last night?