15. too far

its been a couple of days. my mom was back from the hospital and was "resting"

my dad leaves today, which i was very upset about. he leaves at night, his flight is at 2am so he needs to leave our house at 11:30.

it was currently 6pm and we just ate dinner. me, topper, and our mom and dad were on the couch, just talking.

~

its been awhile, its currently 11:20.

"are your bags all packed?" our mom asks.

our dad nods. "mhm, im all ready to go" he says. " the time flew by!" topper says "to fast" i add.

"well, my cab is here" he says.

all of our eyes start to sweat, a little bit.

dad firsts hugs our mom first, and it goes on for awhile.

then both me, and topper hug him and the same time.

"bye dad" i manage to get out.

"bye guys, i love you all" he says. "we love you to" topper says.

he walks our the front door, just like that.

our mom doesn't say anything. she walks up the stairs, to her room.

i sit on the couch and wipe away my tears.

"im asking sarah to come over" topper says as he sits beside me.

"tell her to bring rafe." i say.

he nods.

i really hope he is not high or drunk because i really need him right now.

i walk up to my room and shut the door, walking into my bathroom and taking a shower.

while im in the shower i just cry, i let it all out.

why does my dad have to do this. Why can't you find a job in town I don't understand. It hurts so much when he needs to leave all the time.

I get out of the shower and walk into my bedroom.

rafe is sitting on my bed.

"whoa! rafe!" i say. i grab a blanket and cover my body.

"nothing i haven't seen before" he shrugs.

i roll my eyes as i put my clothes on.

i walk over to him and he opens his arms for me, so i lay on top of him.

he softly kisses my cheek. "im sorry, that your dad had to leave so soon" he says. "its okay. its not your fault" i say.

"i know, but your upset about it" he says. "how do you know im upset?" i ask.

"i know you kaylen, i can tell." he says. "plus your eyes are puffy and red" he adds making me laugh.

"well your cheering me up so its okay" i smile. "you hungry? i can order food?" he says.

"im always hungry, what are you ordering?" i ask. "whatever you want, baby" he says.

i smile as i think "can we get.. chicken strip, and fries? oo and caesar salad?" i say.

he nods. "where the hell am I gonna order that from" he laughs. i shrug "any restaurant, just door dash it or something" i say.

he nods "i will" he smiles.

~

its been about an hour. me and rafe ate our food and basically just cuddled.

right now we were sitting in the basement with topper, and sarah.