40. better now

a/n:

this chapter includes some tswift :)) if you wanna listen to "the way i loved you" while you read go ahead i recommend.

kayelns pov:

its been a month. i hadn't seen rafe since he left the room.

ive been hanging out with trever a lot but made it clear that i didn't want anything other then a friend ship and i wasn't ready for anything, and he respected that.

i miss rafe so much.

with trever well He is sensible and so incredible
He says everything I need to hear
And it's like I couldn't ask for anything better
He opens up my door and I get into his car
And he says, "You look beautiful tonight"
And I feel perfectly fine..

i miss rafe,
But I miss screaming and fighting and kissing in the rain
And it's 2:00 a.m. and I'm cursing your name
So in love that you act insane
And that's the way I loved you
Breakin' down and coming undone
It's a roller coaster kinda rush
And I never knew I could feel that much
And that's the way I loved you

with trever it feels like im going up a rollercoaster but with rafe i feel the anxiety of going down and i need that now.

i just got a text from trever

trever: hi!! wanna hang out today? go swimming or something?

me: yeah sure sounds fun

trever: ill pick you up at 3?

me: sure :)

before i place my phone down i get a call from ward cameron. wait what? ward cameron?

i press answer and put the phone my ear.

"hello?" i say.
"hi, this is keylen right?" he asks.
"yes it is" i say.
"if your free could you come over, swing by my office i need to talk to you. it's important" he says.
"oh.. yeah ill come over" i say.
"alright, good, bye" he says.
"bye.." i say.

what the fuck.

me: hey im so sorry something came up, i cant come today

trever: oh.. its alr, next time :)

me: thanks for understanding <3 next time fs

i get in to my car and drive to the camerons.

i dont want to see rafe because that would be extremely awkward so i rush to wards office and knock on the door.

"come in" he says.

i walk in, and he is seated at his desk.

"hi, come sit" he says.

i sit at the other side of his desk.

"so um, this might be a weird conversation for you to have.. its about rafe" he says.

"what about rafe?" i ask.

"well.. about a month ago, he got in a bad car crash. he had some surgery, and recovered almost fully in about 3 weeks. today, he told me you and him broke up. he said that he was not good to you. he has been going to rehab, therapy, lots of doctors appointments, he has been diagnosed with anxiety, and depression, a-and he asked me to give this to you" he says as he slides me a envelope.

"um he, he wont be home for about a week, he travelled to the main land to see his main doctor, so you cant see him for awhile and he told me to tell you nothing about his crash or anxiety but i felt i should." he says.