CHAPTER THREE, the pep rally

"Thanks, Bucky

"Thanks, Bucky." Beckett grinned.

Addison squeals with excitement, hugging her cousin. "Thank you! Thank you so much!" They pull away from the hug and she turns to face Beckett with a grin. "Beck, we made the squad!" She cheered, pulling him into a hug.

Beckett laughs, hugging her back and he even picks her up and spins her around, earning a laugh from her. "I know, it's awesome!" He set her down and let go of her, a look of realization forming on his face when he realized Bree didn't get on the squad.

Addison frowns as she saw Bree standing by herself, looking upset. She hated that Bree didn't get in when she had serious talent and so she thought maybe she could convince her cousin to let Bree in. "Hey, cuz." Addison smiles at Bucky. "Bree over there has great moves and serious pep."

"Yeah," Beckett chimes in. "She deserves to be on the squad."

Bucky scoffs. "Seabrook is all about precision..." He shrugs and smiles. "Perfection." He pats Addison's head. "She can't hide under a wig like some people."

Addison holds her hands together and shows her puppy dog eyes to Bucky. "Pretty please?" She pleaded.

Bucky sighs, rolling his eyes. He looks at Bree. "Bree!" Bree jumps, startled by suddenly hearing him say her name. Bucky had an annoyed smile on his face, gesturing for her to come over. "You have some real..." He forces a chuckle. "Potential." He then not so enthuastically said, "You made the squad, as a stand in."

Bree raises her eyebrows, tilting her head to the side. "So I'm on the team?" She excitedly smiles when he nodded. "I made it!" She faces Addison and Beckett with a grin. "I'm on the team! I made it!"

"Awesome!" Beckett cheered, high fiving her.

Bucky then walks over to the side, facing the crowd. "People love cheer. That's what makes me so important. And I'd hate to see that change." He puts his hands on his hips. "Change is upon us now that zombies have entered our school." Some words of agreement from the crowd can be heard while Beckett exchanged a look with Addison and Bree. "Cheer is being threatened." Bucky continued, once again getting some words of agreement form the crowd.

"Not really sure how cheer is being threatened though. But yeah sure, whatever." Beckett muttered, rolling his eyes. He thought Bucky was overreacting a bit. 

"C-H-E-E, are you ready to protect it?" Bucky questions everyone and some students replied with that they are ready to protect it. Bucky smirks. "Let the cheer initiation begin!"

****

Later that night, Addison, Bree, and Beckett went to Zombie Town along with Bucky and the Acey's. Beckett had to admit Zombie Town was kind of pretty at night. There were fairy lights hung all over the place, brightening up the dark place. Addison opened the door to the cheer van, getting out first and then Beckett and Bree followed her.