CHAPTER FOUR, interacting with the zombies

It was lunch time now and Davina was sitting with her friends when Principal Lee speaks through the speakers

It was lunch time now and Davina was sitting with her friends when Principal Lee speaks through the speakers. "Hello, students. This is Principal Lee. As you may have heard, the zombie students are now allowed to eat in the cafeteria."

Davina couldn't help the smile that made its way to her lips and by the excited looks on her friends faces she knew they felt the same way. However, everyone else didn't. Everyone else in the cafeteria all groaned at what Principal Lee said. "Ugh, just deal with it." Principal Lee sighed.

The door opens and the zombie students walk into the cafeteria. Davina knew everyone was talking about them, almost everyone was staring at them with disgust or fear. Davina wasn't. She locked eyes with Zed and he gave her a soft smile as he and the other zombies went to get their lunch. Davina couldn't help the small smile that appeared on her lips. She could faintly hear her friends talking, but she wasn't paying attention. She watched while Zed and his friends sat at the farthest table. Watching Zed interact with his friends, her smile widened. He was just so adorable. She felt someone kick her under the table and she blinked a few times, turning her head to look at Beckett, who had his eyebrows raised and a grin on his face.

"What's with the smile?" Beckett teases. "Something you wanna tell us?"

Davina blushes, rolling her eyes. She tries to make it seem like she's annoyed, but she couldn't stop the small smile on her lips. "Oh, shut up." She mutters. She turns her attention back to her plate, trying not to smile as she thought about Zed.

Beckett couldn't help the wide grin that made its way to his face, exchanging a knowing look Addison and Bree, who both smile softly at her. It was obvious that Davina was starting to crush on Zed. "Wait, you like, like him? You like, like a zombie? Wow." Bree chimed in, her eyes widening as she stared at Davina.

Davina's eyes widen, her face turning more red. "What? No! No." She shook her head. She couldn't deny that she was crushing on him. She did find him cute. And he was sweet. And charming. But, no. There was no way. "No." She repeated, but it's not as convincing. She doesn't like Zed. Or maybe she did. Maybe she was developing a crush on him.

"Denial." Beckett sings and Davina glares at him, reaching over to flick his forehead. Beckett rubs his forehead, his grin widening. "Oh, so we're flicking now, huh? How mature."

Davina rolls her eyes. "Shut up, Beck."

"Don't worry, Davi. We won't tell anyone." Bree reassured her and Addison nodded in agreement.

Davina chuckles lightly and smiles at them. "Thanks, but nothing is gonna happen because I don't have a crush on him." Beckett scoffs at that, earning a glare from her. "I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even remember what my name is."

Davina was so wrong. Because not only a second later, Zed calls out her name. "Davina!"

Davina's heart races in her chest and she turns her head, locking eyes with him. He's smiling at her and waves at her. Everyone in the cafeteria is watching with surprise and some watched with disgust. Davina could care less what anyone else thought. So she smiled and got up, walking towards the front of the cafeteria and towards him. She rolled her eyes at the hushed whispers around her. Everyone was acting like she was doing something bad by going over to greet the zombies.