CHAPTER FIVE, the football game

Davina noticed during the football game the other players on the team were going back on Zed just because he was a zombie

Davina noticed during the football game the other players on the team were going back on Zed just because he was a zombie. She had overheard one of the boys tell the opponents that the zombie's all there's. Throughout the game, Zed kept getting tackled by other players. Davina was actually doing pretty good and had managed to get some touchdowns which made everyone happy. Soon it was halftime and the other team was winning, of course. The only reason Seabrook had gotten any points was because of Davina. Everyone was blaming it was Zed's fault. Davina stood in the locker room with the team, watching Coach demonstrate what they needed to do on the chalkboard.

"Here's what you need to do. Okay? I'm only gonna draw this once, so pay attention. All you have to do, move forward! Move all the way forward! Don't go back, there's nothing back there! This is empty. You don't need to go back here. You need to go up here!" Coach manages to drop the chalk he was drawing with out of frustration. "The end zone is up there! Just go, just move it up! Just move. Just do something. But at least thanks to Davina we finally have some points. I mean, come on, guys! This is Davina's first game and she's doing better than the rest of you. What is wrong with you guys?" He yells, his voice echoing in the room. "Look, I knew we were gonna lose. Alright? And you knew it too. So, let's just go out there and lose...Better? Go team." He sighed heavily.

Davina grimaces, watching the other players glare at Zed, who sheepishly smiles at him. Poor Zed was covered in mud from being tackled so many times. She stayed at the back, letting the other players walk out first. Some shot her some glares, most likely upset with her because they were jealous of her. She didn't really know and she honestly didn't care. Zed had noticed the others glaring at her and he frowned. He didn't like how the others were treating her. She hadn't done anything wrong. In fact, she was the reason why Seabrook got a lot of points. The other guys were just jealous.

"You okay?" Zed asked her with concern as he walked over to her.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Davina shrugs. She then looked up at him with concern, her eyes trailing all over his body, taking in the state he was in. "Are you okay?"

Zed sighed, shrugging. "Yeah, I guess."

"Don't worry about them, Zed." Davina assured, taking a step closer to him and reaching out to brush some of the mud off his face. She knew it was useless, but it was the thought that counted.

Zed smiles at her, his heart skipping a beat at the fondness in her gaze. She cared. She cared about him. "Thanks."

"It's no problem. I don't like seeing you sad." Davina confessed. "And I hate how the other guys are treating you. You haven't done anything wrong, I mean they're upset with me and I haven't done anything wrong either." She rolls her eyes. "They're just jealous and I think they don't like you because you're a zombie and that's ridiculous. If they would give you a chance then they would see how amazing you are. You're sweet, you're funny, you're cute and-" She closed her mouth quickly, her cheeks turning red when she realized what she had said.