Off to the Races

Lady Whistledown,
Dearest reader, It has been said that competition is an opportunity for us to rise and stand ready before our greatest of challenges. Well, if what this author hears this morning is true, then a great challenge concerning this seasons diamond has been set forth, indeed. Any suitor wishing to gain an audience with Miss Edwina Sharma must first take the rather prickly spinster of a beast otherwise known as her sister. It has been said that Miss Brynlee Greensburg should help the sisters choose and determine who is fit for Edwina...

Lady Mary, Edwina, Lady Danbury and Kate are all downstairs discussing what this morning shall bring.

"Lord Lumley. At the top." Lady Danbury states.

While they talk more of the subject, Brynlee walks down the stairs entering it.

"Lord Lumley is quite gallant. If that is what you are looking for Edwina, he is perfect." Brynlee says walking to stand beside Kate.

Lady Danbury looks at the paper Edwina is holding,"I see you two left off Lord Bridgerton."

"Oh, now, he is what Edwina is looking for." Lady Mary says.

Lady Danbury turns to Kate and Brynlee, "An oversight on your part, my dears?"

"Lord Bridgerton is quite adept on conveying false first impressions. He states rather clearly that he seeks a wife only to fulfill his duty and does not believe in love at all." Kate says rather quickly."And from what Brynlee has told me he is certainly not the most well mannered or well tempered man. I do not seek that for you Edwina. Neither does Brynlee."

"Don't forget what you want Edwina. You must keep that." Brynlee says.

Of course, the only competition that compels my attention is the game of courtship. So best of luck to this years players. Do try not to stumble on the starting line.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Miss Greensburg, I take it you know what is going on in there. Am I to be kept in this threshold all day?" A gentleman ask her as she walks out of the sitting room. Inside contains Edwina and 1 of many suitors. Kate, Lady Mary and Lady Danbury all sit in there observing also.

"Lumley's already had an inordinate amount of time with her." Another gentleman states.

Brynlee sighs in annoyance," That is because Miss Edwina is so enraptured with him at the moment. You wouldn't want Miss Sharma or I to interrupt your discourse when it is your turn, would you?"

A voice from the back fills the halls as he speaks,"I say we heed the young lady and wait with the grace our hostess affords us."

"Thank you, Lord Bridgerton." Brynlee says while rolling her eyes at the voice she knows well."I'm afraid you are much too late, Viscount. You now find yourself at the back of a very considerably long queue."

"A word." He says pulling you off to the side." I wish to escort Miss Edwina to the races this afternoon. Let me through the doors and ask her."

"I'm sorry Anthony, but you and other will have to wait in line." Brynlee says but before walking away, Anthony grabs her wrist pulling her back.

"You have known me almost all my life, Brynlee. Let me through the doors. Do it for me. Your friend."

"Why? So you can marry Miss Edwina and trap her in a loveless marriage? I will do no such thing. Her sister asked me to help and this is me helping. You can go through them doors... when it is your turn. You best hope time doesn't run out by then. Good day, Lord Bridgerton." she says before walking away from the man.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The races

"Lord Bridgerton wanted to ask to take your sister to the races today." Brynlee tells Kate as they walk behind Lady Danbury outside.

Kate turns to her and rolls her eyes,"I must thank you. For all your help, it is much easier with you by our side. Helping guide Edwina."