Harmony

Lady Whistledown,
A jilted groom. A broken bride-to-be. A royal wedding in shambles. Sensational? Quite. But true? This author may traffic
in chatter and speculation, dear reader, but misinformation? Never. Explanations of why Miss Edwina absconded from the altar may be greater in number
than anyone could possibly fathom. But we must not forget, it was Her Majesty the Queen who placed the young miss on that special stage so that she could make her grand exit. Allow this author to hope... ...for Her Majesty's sake, as well as both the Sharmas and Bridgertons, that an official explanation emerges swiftly, lest the ton are run away by their tawdry imaginings.
~<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>~
Lady Danbury continues to walk with the Sharma family as the ton stares at them.

After they walk for awhile, Brynlee finally joins them."Lady Danbury, Lady Mary, Kate, Edwina." She says sending them a nod while fixing her glove.

While they walk the whole ton distances themselves from them and the Bridgerton's. It is he reason they find themselves in Lady Danbury's house.

"We shall not remove ourselves from this fight. All will be lost if we run now." Lady Mary states.

Edwina sends stares to Anthony and Brynlee as they sit in two chairs rather close to each other.

"I would like to remove myself from this room." Edwina says sending one last glance to the two before walking to the other side of the room.

"Every day that goes by without our altering the ton-shared sentiment will harden it." Lady Danbury says.

"Perhaps we need another story as to why things ended." Lady Mary adds again.

"Why do we need a story?" Brynlee asks."Tell them the truth. What is there to hide?"

Lady Danbury turns to her, "What is the truth, Brynlee dear? And even if we did that would be ignorant of us.

"A ball." She also adds.

Violet quickly agrees, Yes. Together. We prove to the ton that our story is true. It was indeed a mutual decision between all interested parties, and there is no scandal or ill will between our families at all."

"A ball would give Edwina another chance to find a suitor." Kate adds as Lady Mary agrees.

"Another ball? So that the ton might inspect this wreckage with an even closer eye?" Anthony's says.

"A ball may very well work." Edwina adds,"After all, the viscount and my dear friend, Brynlee, have been so good at hiding their true feelings from everyone in public this far." As she says this the whole room looks down." It should not trouble them to do the same a little longer."

"Edwina..." Lady Mary and Kate say.

Newton, the Sharma's dog then comes into the room. Making fur go all on Brynlee and Anthony and as they stand up to wipe the hair off of them they find themselves rather close to another. Then staring at each other before shaking it off.

"Was I truly that blind?" Edwina asks."We're they always this obvious?"

Violet stands up walking over to the two of them,"If this plan is to work..."

"I suggest the two of you stay on opposite sides of the room at all times." Lady Danbury pitches in. Taking her can to separate the two.