𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 - Two Boxes

"𝙎𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙣𝙤 𝙨𝙞𝙜𝙣?"
Dustin asks Lucas.

"Jack shit," Lucas replied.

"Oh, dam it." Dustin looks at his watch for the time. "My mom's gonna murder me."

"So, go home. I'll radio if she comes." Lucas said nodding slightly looking back through his binoculars. They're at the front of the arcade waiting for Max to show up to see if she is really 'Mad Max'.

"Oh yeah, nice try. You just want me out of here so you can make your move."

"Oh 'cause you're such a threat."

"That's right. She will not be able to resist these pearls." He says carrying out the 'not' while purring like a cat. That makes Lucas scrunch his nose up from embarrassment.

"What are you dickheads doing?"

"Ah!" Dustin screams. Both boys turn around to see Maeve walking up behind them.

"What are you doing here, Maeve?" Lucas asks her not in an annoying tone but in a kind of calming way.

"Going to the arcade? What else do you think I'm doing out here." She responds.

"Uh, you could be following us?" Dustin says which makes Maeve question him with a look.

"Yeah, no. I have better things to do than watch some scrawny weirdos play d&d."

"Ten o'clock."

"What?"

"Ten o'clock," Dustin repeats himself. That makes Lucas turn to face forward, quickly grabbing his binoculars to look through them.

"Get down," Dustin tells Maeve.

"What?"

"Get down!" He says for the second time pulling her arm down hiding behind a car. The same car that came in that early morning for school came screeching into the drive park. Out came the red-headed girl, 'Max' yelling at, I'm guessing her brother. The man yells at her and she's arguing back.

"They're arguing. They're arguing." Lucas says smacking Dustin lightly.

"Oh my god, Lucas." Maeve rolls her eyes at him.

"I see that. I don't even know why you need those. God, you're so stupid." Max slams the car door as the car drives away in a hurry. She flips him off and starts running inside. The two boys look stunned. Maeve smiles at her actions and says,
"Badass."

✧.*

Max is playing dig dug trying to beat her new high score I'm guessing while the other three are standing outside of the arcade looking at her play through the window.

"She's incredible," Lucas says smiling, you can tell that he was blushing. That didn't bother Maeve much really because she was blushing as much as Lucas right then and now.

"She's.." Dustin protested.

"Mad Max." The three of them said at the same time.

✧.*

Mike's mother, Karen Wheeler and Maeve's mother, Katherine are best friends. They do everything together taste new wines, laugh about stupid things, and talk shit about the other moms and who they don't like. They are pretty much inseparable. Maeve comes to the Wheelers often, usually for dinner. Jennifer never comes to the dinner as she's too busy 'working' when she's just too afraid to see and talk to Nancy. That's how Mike and Maeve became super close during the summer. Mike has weird feelings for Maeve. Sometimes he hates her and never wants to talk to her. Other times he loves her and always wants to be by her side and talk.