𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧 - Halfway Happy

"𝙂𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙗𝙮𝙚, 𝙈𝙞𝙠𝙚."

She wakes up coughing a weird watery substance, she stands up stumbling slightly shocked to see she's not just in the same classroom from before. She's someplace different.
Eleven walks through the old dark hallways seeing vines everywhere. She groans feeling slightly sick. Maybe even a little nauseous.
"Mike?" She says continuing her journey through this horrifying place. El starts to fast pace forward, she's now realising she has no idea where she is. "Mike?" She questions again. No answer. "Maeve? Mike?" Eleven barely gets out the words breathing heavily. "Maeve!" She shouts. "Mike!" She's on the verge of tears streaming down her face.

"Maeve!" Now she's screaming. There's still no response. She's out of breath. She stops just to put her hands on her knees remembering how Maeve told her to breathe in and out slowly when she is tired of running. Eleven breathes in through her nose and out through her mouth. Bad men. She hears the bad men. They're coming for her. She slightly turns her out behind her seeing a reddish portal-type thing behind her. That makes her slowly walk up to face right in front of it. El tries to look inside it but it's all blurry. She can see some lights coming toward it. The guards look inside, Eleven hides just beside it so she can't be seen. An explosion goes off.

"Bravo team, check-in," One of them says. The lights shine off the portal and back to walking away. Eleven lefts out a sign while slowly going up to the weird-looking thing again. She sticks her hand in, it's all gooey and gross. Her hand goes right through. She takes it out examining the goo. It closes up again. El wipes her hand on her pink dress, well Maeve's pink dress that she gave her to borrow. Eleven holds her hand up towards the strange gate opening. It starts to crumble. The bricks and the wall all fall in. She puts her body through the disgusting blood goo, she lands hard on the ground still panting. Looked up both left and right seeing she was at the school. Not in the upside down anymore but in this universe. The place where she should be. She gets up slowly walking through the hallways probably still progressing what happened?

✧.*

El doesn't even realise she has walked straight to the 𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗛𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲. She doesn't know where Maeve lives, that would be the first place she would have gone but Maeve never invited her to come over. She did talk about how her mother and her sister can be bossy and would make fun of Eleven so that's why she was never invited. Anyway, they always hang out at Mike's house since that's where they and the boys all were all the time.
There are police cars, all have sirens on. Lights flashing. Eleven seems concerned and worried. Don't hurt them. Don't hurt Mike or Maeve.

"What about the Russians? What if they come looking for her?" Mrs Wheeler asks the lady.

"They don't know where she is," The lady simply says.

"And she can't contact you without us knowing," Says a man alongside. I'm guessing working with the FBI or are spy's with the government. Who knows. People are running everywhere through their houses searching every inch for any clues they can find.

"The most important thing is for you to try to go on with your lives and to keep of this-"

"Top secret. Yeah, understood. We're all patriots in this house." Says Ted Wheeler giving the man a salute.

"Go back to the beginning,"

"I told you everything," Mike says.

"I understand this is difficult, Michael and Maeve,"

"We told you we don't know where she is," Maeve tells the man who is standing in front of both Mike and her. "And even if we did, we would never tell you. I would never tell you," She tells the man.