𝙨𝙞𝙭 -Halloween

"𝙔𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣,"
Billy, Max's step brother tells her not even glancing at her, leaning against his cool ass car.

"Yeah I had to catch up homework," Max responds holding her skateboard in her hands.

"Jesus, I don't care. You're late again and you're skating home. Do you hear me?" Billy is such a douchebag of a brother. Max hates Billy with all her guts. His the worst. You don't even know what he did to her. Max always likes going to the arcade because that's the only place she can go to to get away from her step brother and step dad. It gives her peace and comfort. Since she doesn't have any friends but she would count that Maeve is one well, they've only talked a few times but every time they would talk Max would be the happiest girl in the world. Sometimes when she slept she would dream about Maeve. How her lips would feel against her's. How they would fit perfectly and go in sync. It was heaven.

Billy throws his cigarette onto the ground and hops inside his car so does Max. He blasts his music on flying through Hawkins town. He would do this on a daily basis so Max was use to it.
"God this place is such a shit hole,"

"It's not that bad," Max tells him innocently which makes Billy turn his head towards her.

"No?" He presses a button that makes Max's window slide down. "Mmm." He puts his two fingers covering his nose from the smell. "You smell that Max? That's actually shit! Cow shit," Billy stops holding his nose and puts his hands on the steering wheel.

"I don't see any cows,"

"Clearly you haven't seen the high school girls," Billy winds up his window, his comment makes Max roll her eyes at him.
"So, what? You like it here now?"

"No," That was a lie. She only likes it because of her little encounters with Maeve. She couldn't even imagine what it would be like if she didn't have those small conversations with her. Everything would be the same with Billy and she wouldn't get to sleep as she only gets sleep because she thinks about Maeve.

"Then why are you defending it?"

"I'm not,"

"Sure sounds like it," Max pauses for a second thinking what to say to her stepbrother.

"It's just we're stuck here... so,"

"Hm. You're right. We're stuck here. And whose fault is that?" Billy's says to her looking towards her for a slight second.

"Yours," Max whispers thinking that he wouldn't hear her

"What'd you say?" He said angrily.

"Nothing,"

"Did you say it's my fault?"

"No," She says shaking her head looking at the road.

"You know whose fault it is. Say it," There was silence for at least 2 second. "Maaaaxx... say it" Max says nothing looking like she doesn't have any emotions in her right then. "SAY IT!" He shouts at her one last time before cranking up the car speeding off.
There's still music playing, Billy's now pretty much dancing having his foot on the penal the whole way. Max doesn't take notice until in the distance she can she three boys and a girl riding on their bike on the middle of the road. Which makes Max raise her eyes brows in horror as she realises its Maeve and the party.

"Really, everyone dressed up last year," Dustin said to his friends.

"It's okay Dusty, maybe they just forgot. It's not that big of a deal," Maeve reassures the curly haired boy.

"Billy slow down,"

"Oh, these your new hike friends?" Billy says pointing to the four in the road not stopping or slowing down.

"No! I don't even know them," Max is really frighten now. She doesn't know if Billy can be capable of hitting children without even caring which is scary.

"I guess you won't care if I hit 'em, then, huh? I get bonus points, if I get em all in one go?

"No, Billy. Stop. It's not funny," She says looking at him who just keeps on doing his little dance.

"Hey guys?"

"Billy, come on! Stop it! It's not funny. Stop!" Max is looking forward to see them so close to running them over. Maeve looks back and quickly peddles her wheels.

"Go! Go! Go!" Mike shouts at the four who is literally peddling for their life.

"Mike, you need to haul ass!" Dustin shouts at the boy.

"Billy! Stop it!" Max yells grabbing onto the steering wheel which makes the car tires screech. The car swerves.

"Shit! Shit!" Dustin says. The four of them tumble onto the side of the road, Dustin accidentally tipped his bike which made his land on the ground.

"Yeah! That was a close one, huh?" Billy says then starts to laugh. Max looks back to see Maeve helping up Dustin whose all looking back at the car that just almost killed them.

"Was that?" Dustin asks.

"Mad Max," Lucas and Maeve says in sync. Facing to see the car.

✧.*

"Will, hey!" Lucas says to the car that rolls up. The four boys are all dressed up as the Ghostbusters like they were at school while Maeve is wearing her Freddy Krueger costume that her mom made her. Will jumps out of the car in excitement running towards the party. Maeve smiles at him.
"Will!" Dustin and Mike shouts.
"Egon!"

"Yeah, you ready for tonight, man?"

"Yeah!" Will exclaims. Maeve gives Will a small hug and they start walking off ready to go trick or treating.

✧.*

"THRTY EIGHT, THIRTY NINE, FORTY, FORTY ONE, FORTY TWO!" The crowd shouts in excitement. Max's step brother Billy is doing a keg stand while the crowd gathers together shouting at him. Jennifer spots the boy who is wearing a leather jacket, she rolls her eyes at him and walks inside. "BILLY! BILLY! BILLY!" People shout his name all through the house, Billy walks inside bumping into Olivia which she stumbles back.

Soon walking through the door is Nancy and her boyfriend Steve. Jennifer spots them straight away checking Nancy out slightly while walking through the crowd to get to them. Billy is talking to Steve. Nancy walks away from them and into the kitchen where theirs people making out, doing shots, and passed out people lying around. She walks straight to a bowl full of something asking the man standing next to it what is it. His obviously drunk saying it's 'pure fuel'. Nancy takes a cup of it and chugs it all down.

"Woah, woah, woah... take it easy, Nance," Steve her boyfriend tells her.

"We're just being stupid teenagers for the night. Wasn't that the deal?" She says scooping up another cup full. She walks away from her boyfriend who looks speechless and a little annoyed. Jennifer sees her walk away thinking if she should follow her. Maybe she could have a chance if they were alone. She walks past Steve following Nancy short behind. Chris enters the building meeting his eyes onto Olivia which she completely ignores walking out of the living room into the backyard where people are making out and mistakenly drunk. His eyes land on Steve who is trying to get through the crowd who his guessing is searching for his perfect girlfriend, oh how that made him sick.

✧.*

This chapter is short but the next one there will be HEAPS more of Maeve and Max. Also some Nancy and Jennifer as well 'cause why not? Thank you for the love. See you in the next chapter 🤗