Day Of The Ball

Talia's pov

I woke up in the early hours of the morning not because I wasn't tired but I couldn't sleep because of the noises.

The servants woke up in the middle of the night to start preparations for this ball.

After all the great king of vampires. The last male pureblood's only pureblooded daughter would soon be mated.

Despite my abnormally, I still had many admirers who wanted me for power.

Oh how disappointed they would be.

I slowly rose from my bed and went over to my balcony just staring ahead into the vast plains and the forest beyond.

I suddenly felt an overwhelming longing for my garden.

I walked back inside and closed the balcony doors. I then took the matching morning coat of my black night gown.

The dress itself reached my mid thighs but the coat went down to my knees. It had beautiful flowery designs climbing from the bottom. The got fewer the higher they went and soon dissappear.

I loved the feel of the silky gown on my skin.

I walked out of my room wrapping the morning coat tightly around me.

I went down the grand stairs and took a detour down a hidden flight of stairs. I soon found myself at the door that leads to the back of the castle. Only that this passage was for servants.

I don't mind though. The main door is too heavily guarded anyway.

I stepped out and sighed as the wind blew past me.

I smiled slightly feeling the soft caress of the early morning breeze.

I walked for a while taking a few turns and coming to a hidden door covered in vines that led to my personal garden and hideout.

This is where I came for peace.

I opened the door slowly and walked in. I took off my slippers and allowed the grass to caress beneath my feet and between my toes.

I stepped deaper into my dome shaped garden. I remember my mom did tell me once that I made this during one of my bursts of power.

I don't remember it clearly but oh well!

I walked to a swing that was in the center of the garden shaded by a tall tree with luscious green leaves.

This was my favorite place to sit when I'm here. Just sit and swing a little just thinking about nothing. Letting the cooling breeze calm me.

I sat down and smiled when I felt the beautiful orange flowers fall around me. The tree had these beautiful flowers the same color as my hair that drizzled every now and then.

I'm sure this scene would seem magical from another person's point of view.

I closed my eyes and relished in the peace I felt anytime I was here.

I heard a rustle beside me and I turned towards it without opening my eyes.

A black bunny came out of it's hiding. I just knew it was him.

I opened my eyes as warmth filled me and I beckoned him over. Lulu hopped into my lap and I stocked his head.

Lulu is my best friend. He was always there. I even forget he is a bunny sometimes because of how well he understands me.

I cuddled him and started humming a little lullaby as we watched the trees and shrubs sway in the cool breeze.

The light sunshine scorched against my skin leaving a warm feeling in its wake.