blonde≠dumb

"Today was a bust

"Today was a bust." Damon says, as he sits down with his empty glass.

"Yeah. How's the throat?" Ric asks.

"Sore."

"Yeah. That Elijah's one scary dude... but with nice hair." Alaric gets up. "Hey, you want another one?" Damon nods while he hands him his glass. Taking it Alaric walks over to the bar.

"Where's Esmeralda?" Ric asks, noticing the missing bloned strutting around.

"Up stairs, showering." Damon answers him. "He's gonna be hard to kill." He says changing the subject.

"Yeah. I'd think twice before I'd trust that dagger and some ashes to do the job." He pours more bourbon in their glasses. "You're gonna need more info."

"I'm out of sources."

"That’s because you haven't asked the biggest source yet." Ric says knowingly.

"You crazy? Do you really think she'd help us with the one thing that could kill her. She may be blonde but she's not dumb." Alaric nods understanding his point. Although he still thinks asking the woman would be the better option.

Alaric takes out his phone and looks at it. His face falling when he sees the time.

"Oh, God. I got to go. I got to pick Jenna up." He says standing up "Don't worry. I'll, uh, show myself out."

Damon places his hands on the back of his head and shuts his eyes, waving goodbye "Good luck."

Alaric walks out of the library while Damon remains in his relaxed position... Until he hears a loud, crashing noise coming from the hallway.

Damon stands up and walks towards the hallway, where he sees Alaric with a large knife plunged into his stomach. Alaric looks at Damon as he clutches at the knife and groans as he falls to the floor.

Suddenly, a man drops down with wolf-speed from the parlor's roof, behind Damon. The man used his element of surprise to stab Damon in the neck with a syringe full of vervain. Damon grunts but is not completely affected by the vervain yet and grabs him while vamp speeding around the room, crashing the man into several walls. But eventually, Damon weakens and falls to the ground. The man removes the syringe from his neck and stands up.

"Whew! Damn, you're strong. It took the whole syringe."

"It'll take a whole lot more to take me down though." Esmeralda said, appearing behind the man.

From her shower she could hear the commotion from down stairs and decided to check it out. Only having time to put on a bath robe and head down stairs. Finding, to her surprise, an unconscious Damon and what seemed to be a dead Alaric. She hadn't known Alaric for long but he was a good man and she was pissed.

The man quickly turned towards the new voice but to no avail. Esmeralda had her arms wrapped around his throat already, cutting of his air flow. She slammed him into a wall pressing harder on his neck.