Hormonal Teen

Esmeralda woke up with a jolt

Esmeralda woke up with a jolt. Quickly sitting up from the oddly comfortable surface, she looked around and saw an unfamiliar bedroom.

Did I get drunk and end up in a stranger's bed again?

She looked under the blanket she was covered with and her clothes were surprisingly in tact. Although she didn't recognize the outfit she had on.

Okay...so not a one night stand.

She cautiously decided to leave the bed and figure out where the hell she was. She slowly walked up towards the door of the room, and before she was able to open it herself someone else beat her to it.

"Sister, you're awake. Good."

"Elijah?" Esmeralda was extremely confused as she saw her brother walk in the room.

"I hope you don't mind, but I thought it best you stay here... with your actual family, for the time being."

"By family do you mean the man who abandoned me and helped chase me for years?" Elijah rolled his eyes at her comment.

"Esmeralda, whether you like it or not, I am all you have left. And you are all I have left too. And I will not let you risk your life for those Salvatore boys, because I cannot and will not lose you, sister."

"Oh come on Elijah, really? You're gonna start acting like the protective older brother now? News flash Elijah, but I can't be killed. I'm an original,  just like you. And I've been doing just fine on my own for this long, so what makes you think I need you?"

"You need me because the road we're on will inevitably lead to Niklaus. And you may not be able to die but you can be daggerd and left for dead." Esmeralda backed away at the mention of the cursed dagger.

"Atleast if you're with me I can keep you safe but if you're with the Salvatores-"

"The Salvatores have proven to be more trust worthy than you!" She jammed her finger to his chest. "I would rather take my chances with them, than with you." Esmeralda moved past him and went to storm out of what looked to be an apartment.

When she went to exit she was pushed back. A boundary spell. She grunted in frustration trying to push past the door.

"You may be willing to risk your life going with them, but I'm not." Elijah appeard behind her. "I'm sorry it had to come to this. But your safety is my number one priority."

"Elijah, you get the witch who did this and you get them to undo it right this bloody second!" She yelled at him.

He just moved past her and walked out the door. Stopping to face her.

"I'll send a few men soon to bring you some blood. You're looking a bit...pale."

Esmeralda used her vamp speed to grab the nearest object and throw it at him. But sadly for her he moved out of the way just in time. Leaving her all alone in the apartment.