Chapter 3

Greenleigh POV:

I get home from a tap class only to find Ry sitting on the couch while Leilani is yelling at him in I think Italian. She is a linguistics major. Leilani knows about 8 languages and her dream is to travel the world. I don't really know what you can do with a linguistics degree but she thinks being a translator would be fun.

"What did he do now?" I ask making their heads turn. Leilani starts to laugh.

"I have a presentation tomorrow where I have to over express emotions in Italian," she tells me simply, flopping on the couch next to Ry, "how was dance?"

"Boring day, Charles started crying because his girlfriend broke up with him," I say. My dance instructor Charles is always crying about something and can't stay in a relationship for more than a week. Don't feel bad, he's a horrible person.

"That checks out," Ry says. They get it. As soon as I sit down on the couch with them my phone starts to ring.

Jazz pops up on the screen. It's my sister, "is that Jasmine? Tell her I miss her," Leilani calls after me when I stand up to go to my room. I give a thumbs up and shut my door.

"Hey Lee. It's feels like we haven't talked in forever," I hear my sister say through the phone. Jasmine raised me ever since I was 14, our parents died and my sister was 19 at the time so she just took me in.

"I know, Lani misses you. How is the lawyering? And how is Ethan," I ask. Jazzy is the smartest person I know and probably the best lawyer of her firm. That's where she met Ethan her almost husband who is absolutely obsessed with her and would give her the world. I aspire to have a relationship like theirs.

"Tell lani I miss her too and Ry. Ethan is good, his mom is being a bitch still but who cares. As for the lawyering I was nominated for the Smith Award." OMG that is so amazing. Told you she is the best. She went to law school while raising me and graduated top of her class.

"That is like the best award you could get. I'm so proud of you," I tell her basically squealing.

"I know. I was hoping you could come down for spring break so you could go to the ceremony," suddenly there is a loud noise on her end of the phone, "sorry I have to go, I think Ethan just fell off the counter."

"Oh, well talk to you la-" I'm cut off by the click of the the phone. Well, alright. Things have been getting busy lately, we'll talk later. Hopefully.

I stumble out of my room tripping over the small carpet in front of my door.

"You do that every single time," Ry laughs at me. I give him an irritated look and lay across them. Leilani pulls my legs up onto to her lap.

"She hung up mid goodbye?" Leilani asks. I nod. Me and my sister used to be so close but ever since I moved away for college and she got caught up with this new law firm we started talking less and less.

She is still basically my mother but I wish we lived in the same state.

"Oh babe, once you save enough money we'll get you down to Illinois," Ry says brushing hair out of my face, "now do you want to watch terrible reality tv and eat our weight in sour-patch kids?"

I sit up on that note, "that seems like an amazing idea. Are you the one?" I ask them. Ry stands up and runs to the cabinet to grab the two pound bag of sour-patch kids in the cupboard.

"I really need to know what is going on with Tyler because he is acting bat-shit crazy," Leilani says starting to lay her head in my lap. I shift her bonnet to she can sit more comfortably.