Chapter 16

Niko POV:

Calm down Niko it was a kiss on the cheek. Stop acting like you just made out with her or confessed your undying love. I promise I did neither of those.

My internal argument is interrupted as Silas walks into my room with a huge smile, "Wakey wakey we don't have any eggs or bacon. Oh goody you are already up."

"What do you need Silas?" I ask wanting him to leave so I can struggle mentally. Alone.

"Oh nothing I was just wondering how that arm of yours is doing. Since it was super sore last night."

"I don't need this from you. My arm hurt and she happened to be there."

"Sweetums, since when did you hurt your arm?" Ok so technically I didn't hurt my arm but Lee was hanging out with me and that guy should have just left us alone.

Growing up my parents were always so focused on the dumb shit my brother was doing that they slowly would forget I existed. Last night I liked being the sole focus of someones attention. Lee is very giggly. That's an adjective she has used before and I would say it fairly accurate. I like being around her bubbly attitude

She cares a lot and wanted to take me bowling because I've never been. It was nice. My brain hurts. I groan while sitting up.

"Was that conversation in your head helpful?" Silas asks me. I just stare at him, "you slightly scare me but you are just so darn cute." He pinches my cheeks and I push him off my bed.

"Don't you have a girlfriend to go bother?" I question him so he can leave my sight.

"Don't you?" Silas shoots back.

"I don't like Lee."

"Funny. I never said anything about Greenleigh," Silas runs out of my room before I find something to throw at him.

I don't like her like that. We are friends. Guys and girls are able to be friends. These are totally 100% friend feelings I have towards her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Green Girl- You free today?

Me- Depends

Green Girl- I'm cashing in on you being my dance partner

Me- When and where do you need me?

Greenleigh tells me to meet her on the field at 5:30. This is gonna be embarrassing for me because my dancing skills are slim to none. I agreed to help her though so I can't really say no now. 

Its currently 9 am so I have a few classes to kill time before I have to meet her. 

After I start to get ready for school an unknown number shows up on my phone. Answering it I  hear the voice of someone I would rather see on the news being arrested. 

"Nikolai," my brothers cold voice seeps through the phone.

"What do you want?" I grit out. The faster I can end this conversation the better for everyone.

"That's no way to treat family."

"I wouldn't consider us family."

"That hurts me. Well I'm coming around town for a little while wanted to drop by. I thought it would be rude to do that unannounced."

"Well you've never cared for manners before. Bye." I hang up before I reach through the phone and choke him. If he comes anywhere near me or my school he will be dead.