Chapter 2- how do i get close to you

"I see you've finally arrived, welcome to the Jeon Pack then, I'm the chief alpha, Alpha Jeon. What's your name, omega?" Alpha Jeon announces once Jungkook leads the smaller male into his father's office and closes the door behind them for privacy.

"Park Jimin."

Alpha Jeon's eyebrows shoot up to his hairline and Jungkook's gaze flickers between them in silent curiosity. "You're from the Park pack? That's quite far from here, isn't it? Why is it that my son's found you on my grounds?"

Jimin seems to shift uncomfortably at this question and takes longer than a few moments to answer, to which Alpha Jeon patiently waits while he pours himself a drink.

"I...I was banished."

Again, Alpha Jeon looks surprised. "Why is that?"

Jimin seemingly struggles to answer again, but it takes him less time this time. "My pups...I...got pregnant outside of a mating." He says as he gestures to the sleeping pups dozing off in the sack tied to his chest. Jungkook sees the way Jimin looks so small, tired, and embarrassed at admitting it all. They had just set foot on camp after traveling all morning and Jungkook didn't really think his father would do this right now. The journey stretched as they struggled through the snow in human form and Jungkook had to be patient of Jimin caring for his pups through the it all as well. Jimin always kept an eye on Jungkook when he wasn't looking at his pups, but Jungkook pretended he didn't notice.

"An unmated pregnancy? That prompted your banishment?" Alpha Jeon asks judgingly.

"Of course. It's strictly against their laws for an omega...to offer themselves so recklessly." Jimin responds with a tremble in his voice and Jungkook cringes. He feels sick at the fact a pack could have such outdated and foolish laws. His skin feels red hot at the implication and he wants to give Jimin a hug so he doesn't feel embarrassed any longer for such a thing.

Alpha Jeon gives a low deep chuckle before enjoying a swig of his drink. "And so they left you to die...That explains the dwindling numbers of the Park pack's population. I've kept an eye on them before, they won't be much of a threat if we accept you, if that's something you've been worrying about. You also won't have to worry about such laws in our pack either."

Jungkook eyes Jimin at this, and the omega does seem slightly relieved.

Alpha Jeon then sets down his glass and clasps his palms. "We'll have you stay in the omega cabin for now and I'll have your pups assigned to extensive care in the nursery to make sure they are properly developed with their age group. They appear healthy, Jimin-ssi, good job."

Jimin's expression winces and he bends into a deep bow. "Thank you, Alphas. Thank you for this."

Jungkook purses his lip. Alphas? Jimin is thanking him too?

"It's my pleasure. Please take care of my Jungkook-ah well."

Jimin rises from his bow and glances at Jungkook, making the alpha freeze. He honestly doesn't know what that look means.

They are dismissed from the chief's cabin and Jungkook proceeds to lead Jimin to the nursery cabin.

"Where are we going now?" Jimin asks quietly as he looks around and familiarizes himself with the pack. Jungkook is relieved to hear his voice doesn't sound as tense as usual. He supposes his father left a decent enough impression.

"The nursery cabin. Yejun's the omega that watches after the pups that need extra weaning or pups who's parents are busy doing chores." Jungkook explains so casually that he short circuits when Jimin suddenly pauses on his trail in the snow.