Chapter 3- what do i do with you

"Jungkook! Are you even listening!?"

Jungkook shakes his head and suddenly comes back to himself to realize where he is. Jimin is hunched over and helping Taehyung stand up while he holds his swollen cheek.

"Head over to the infirmary, okay? Hoseok should be able to help before this gets any worse." He hears Jimin say and doesn't move a finger as Taehyung brushes past him to leave the forest. His guilt chokes him again at the alpha's silence then a chill runs down his spine when he sees the glare Jimin is giving him.

"You've seriously crossed the line this time, Jungkook." Jimin starts as he walks up to the taller male. "Attacking him? Really?"

"I don't know what came over me, it's the truth, and I'll talk with Taehyung later. But I saw him kissing you and I just--"

He hears Jimin's breath hitch and looks up to see a blush growing on Jimin's cheeks. The omega purses his lips and looks away. "This again, huh?"

"Yes." Jungkook can't get the words out fast enough. "I still, really, really like you, Jimin. I can't stop thinking about you. I can't stand seeing you around Taehyung all the time, but that doesn't justify me hurting him, especially if you like him as well."

Jimin blinks confusedly at Jungkook. "I don't like...Taehyung."

Jungkook blanks. "What?"

Jimin heaves a deep breath and shoves his hands in his pants' pocket. "We're not together, or anything like that. I tried, to like him, if I'm being honest. But things didn't work out that way."

Jungkook doesn't hide his breath of relief. "Well, that's a relief. Not just because I like you, but because he's an actual asshole."

Jimin laughs, it's exasperated, but genuine. "Don't think I know that? There's no way he likes me either, all he talks about is you, Jungkook."

Jungkook' shrugs. "I mean, yeah, he likes to think of himself as my arch-nemesis. He always wants to beat me."

Jimin smiles. "No, I think it's more than that."

Jungkook's eyes widen as he tries to think. "But...he's also an alpha..." He says more so to himself as memories flash of them playing together and the way Taehyung would always try to be close to him, but he'd brush him off as weird. Is that what he meant before?

"Sounds like you really should go and talk to him, hm?" Jimin teases and Jungkook groans.

"Yeah, I guess so."

The pair now stand awkwardly in front of each other, trying not to make things weird while doing that very thing.

"So, you said you don't like Taehyung..." Jungkook trails off.

"No. We were kind of just using each other." Jimin admits much to Jungkook's surprise. "Awhile after he just didn't stop talking about you, I realized he liked having me as a trophy."

"And you?" Jungkook asks.

"Huh!?" Jimin seems taken aback by the question, as if the conversation wasn't going in this direction.

"What did you use him for?" Jungkook's heart is slamming against his chest now.

"To..." Jimin struggles. He removes his hands from his pockets and hugs himself. He looks anxious and the blush has returned to his cheeks. "To forget about you."

Jungkook looks into Jimin's eyes and sees a flicker of silver from Jimin's wolf. His own breath hitches and he feels his fingers twitch.

"You like me." Jungkook says, throat dry. "This whole time, you did."